New Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Shocks

I have come to fit new shocks on my surf (1) they have electrical conections on them but there are no switches in the car (2) when fitting new shocks do you just remove and discard this unit and tape up the wires. Having never worked on or having no manual on these vehicles i am not sure! Any ideas anyone?
    [COLOR=Red]THE RIBBLE REBEL[/COLOR]

this is for the adjustable suspension - if the new shocks dont have it then just take them off or tape them up as you said.
    there should be a hard/soft button to the right of the steering wheel for it though.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dave 30d
      I have come to fit new shocks on my surf (1) they have electrical conections on them but there are no switches in the car (2) when fitting new shocks do you just remove and discard this unit and tape up the wires. Having never worked on or having no manual on these vehicles i am not sure! Any ideas anyone?
      Where did you get your replacement shocks from? Sounds like you may have been sold genuine Toyota electrical adjustable ones (which you probably don't need)?

Replacement Toyota ones are about £180 each. You can get a good 'normal' gas shock for £30!! I put normal gas shocks on mine- never noticed much difference (well it was better 'cos the electric ones were sh*gged).

Nevillef

Comment

Slightly misslayed you my new shocks are pro-comp gas it is the old fitment that has the electrical conections on. But there is deff no switch on the dash for adj susp.
        [COLOR=Red]THE RIBBLE REBEL[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by dave 30d
          Slightly misslayed you my new shocks are pro-comp gas it is the old fitment that has the electrical conections on. But there is deff no switch on the dash for adj susp.

You will find when you remove the tops from the old shocks that the wires go to a male /female plug so just unplug them and throw the tops in your garage or the bin.
          I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Working...
          X