Mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mpg

Am considering buying a 2.0 litre Hilux Surf. Can't seem to find much info about them! Can anyone tell me what sort of fuel economy I can expect and if the car is generally any good?

Originally posted by MartPigFace
    Am considering buying a 2.0 litre Hilux Surf. Can't seem to find much info about them! Can anyone tell me what sort of fuel economy I can expect and if the car is generally any good?
    Give us a clue? What age, Is an old petrol one? If its a diesel it will be a 2.4 and theres loads of threads on this one. Try doing a search on the forum.
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Petrol/LPG

Sorry, it's the rare 2.0 litre petrol? I'm looking to buy one and convert it to gas! Would I be better off with a 2.4 (or is that a bad option 'cos of the heads blowing?) or even a 3.0? I'm not bothered about grunt as I do long steady runs and only ever tow a motocrosser! I know it's got no short answer, but which of the above is most recommended?
      Thanks.

Comment

I guess price will have to come into it somewhere but I would not touch a 2.0 petrol surf. A friend of mine has the 3L V6 petrol and that can whizz though gas, I would suspect that a 2L would struggle with power and be very thirsty.
        Go the diesel and a 3.0 is the best even if I have a 2.4!
        Happy hunting.
        Simon.O.
        '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

I've just got a 3.0. It's returning 26mpg - mixed motorway @ 80/85 mph & local 30/40mph. If ya gas it hard tho' you can hear the air rushing into the fuel tank.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveHMS
            I've just got a 3.0. It's returning 26mpg - mixed motorway @ 80/85 mph & local 30/40mph. If ya gas it hard tho' you can hear the air rushing into the fuel tank.
            MPH has been a heated subject many times on here

I can only seem to get 20MPG from my 3L Diesel!

Though I am doing similar to above

2.4 and 3.0 tend to give similar MPG according to the threads on here!

I think the mark 3 KZN185 might be less thirsty though

so there is an offset between purchase price(age) and consumption

Tis up to you, but I dont think gas convertion to a diesel is possible/viable?
            Lifes for smileing at! when ya Surf's not broke!

Comment

After refreshing my front bearings (thanks TonyN) and changing the front drivers side brake caliper, new brake pads... etc... grease the ball joints... etc.etc.

I calculated my first tank full, at 21 mpg...

And I haven't been too light with the right foot. Next tank I will be...

I think I will have to dip my toe in the alternative fuel... A small sail for the rack I think.... and plenty of sun tan oil...

andyL

Comment

I just got 430km on a full tank on mine (red light to red light ) anyone tell me what this works out at?
                Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
                  I just got 430km on a full tank on mine (red light to red light ) anyone tell me what this works out at?

By my calculations and past experience that's about 23mpg
                  I am the friend of Hypno-Toad

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                    I think I will have to dip my toe in the alternative fuel... A small sail for the rack I think.... and plenty of sun tan oil...

andyL
                    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I see few problems
                    #1 Tax on wind is 5p per foot pound of pressure (it's YOUR job to report this)
                    #2 Careful with the mast height, YOU will be liable for damage caused by the mast.
                    #3 How do you pull on the halyards to alter the sail with hands slippery from sun tan oil ?

PS would love to see you tacking in traffic

Trev
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                    X