Newbie online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie online

After reading through this forum and generally gleaning info from web I bought a Surf at the weekend, great!!!
    And now for inevitable questions.

The dealer was meant to have serviced the vehicl and changed the cambelt, he has done neither (I will be speaking to him today as I have also found a CV joint split and leaking) But in the meantime I would like to source an oil filter and air filter and ideas where I can get? I live in Essex.

Also had a new stereo fitted yesterday only to find the power aerial isn't going up, any one know if this is common prob / how to fix / where to get spare (tho prob general item)

Thanks in advance.
    Andy

Hi & Welcome...

Most folk on here seem to use Milner for service stuff (& more, inc CV boots, I think). Good prices & fast delivery.

http://www.milneroffroad.com/

The sticking aerial is a common problem. Co-incidentally, mine has started sticking over the last few days. I'm going to give it a good wipe when it's extended, and try to get a bit of WD40 down to maybe help its movement.

Try using the search function for "aerial".

Mark
    :

Comment

Welcome to the house of fun.
      I don't know where in the Chav capital you live but Brown Brothers or any 1/2 decent motor factors won't have any trouble getting the filters or most other running gear(pad's,shoes etc...).
      Keep grinning.
      A positive attitude wont solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

Comment

hahaha...

Chav capital...rrflmao...
        [I][B]96 3rd Gen in bluuuueeeee[/B]I]

Comment

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the advice. Have spoken with the dealer and it seems I may have jumped the gun, he has now fixed the CV without quibble, says the cambelt wasnt changed but checked as there is as sticker on cambelt cover stating cambelt only changed 40, 000 kms ago and insists oil and filter was changed, am quite happy with him after this tho will do oil change this weekend as it is too black for my liking.
          Originally posted by andy brooker
          After reading through this forum and generally gleaning info from web I bought a Surf at the weekend, great!!!
          And now for inevitable questions.

The dealer was meant to have serviced the vehicl and changed the cambelt, he has done neither (I will be speaking to him today as I have also found a CV joint split and leaking) But in the meantime I would like to source an oil filter and air filter and ideas where I can get? I live in Essex.

Also had a new stereo fitted yesterday only to find the power aerial isn't going up, any one know if this is common prob / how to fix / where to get spare (tho prob general item)

Thanks in advance.
          Andy

Comment

Working...
          X