Squirt !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squirt !

OK. So im having a little trouble getting water out of the rear washer. The washer bottle is full and works the front OK. So before i spend valuable time searching for something that's not there, My question is...........Does the Surf have a rear Washer top up bottle somewhere, Does the rear run from a seperate motor ? or am i gunna have to investigate ?

Cheers

Mike
    !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Rear washers

Hi, I have no rear washer bottle on mine,(1991 2.4 ssrx)
    Have you tried twisting the rear wiper switch and holding it for a few seconds?

Comment

one washer bottle only mate - hold it down a while or loook in the bottle to see if anything clogged the exit pipes... my old car had a leaf in it
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Cheers for the help guys :o) I'll have a look tomorrow. I do get something out but it isnt even a dribble even when held for up to 20 secs.

Comment

does it have any washer fluid in???
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Same bottle different pumps.
            I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant 1
              OK. So im having a little trouble getting water out of the rear washer. The washer bottle is full and works the front OK. So before i spend valuable time searching for something that's not there, My question is...........Does the Surf have a rear Washer top up bottle somewhere, Does the rear run from a seperate motor ? or am i gunna have to investigate ?

Cheers

Mike
              Have someone stick their under the bonnet while you operate the switch- if you can't here it whirr then there's a pump problem.

If the pump's okay then try blowing through the water pipe to the back. If you can't do it then neither can the pump and there must be a blockage.

Have you tried cleaning out the jet with a pin?

Nevillef

Comment

Cheers Guys ! Got it sorted. Found the pumps to be ok but it was a blockage in the pipe.Typical thing though. It was the last foot of piping that was blocked. The bit in the overhead hang inside the Surf .! Bit of pipe from the fish tank pumps didi the job ! Just have to get a decent blade for the wiper now
                Thanx again
                Mike

Comment

Working...
                X