ES9000's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ES9000's

Can anyone tell me if a set of shocks (es9000) off a landcruser will fit a surf ?
    [COLOR=Red]THE RIBBLE REBEL[/COLOR]

http://www.explorerprocomp.co.uk/ BUY new at around £34 each look under 4runner
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

I just bought a set off e-bay brand new still in boxes £40 the lot if they dont fit i can always flog em.

Comment

Go on explorers website to see if there are any part no's & see if they match. Alternatively call them.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Here's a thing- on Monday I rung Pro Comp up to buy some stuff. In passing I mentioned a Pro Comp shock I'd bought from LA Supertrux 2 years ago had failed (thread had stripped off top rod knackering the thing up). Today in the post I got a free warranty replacement shock absorber!!!

How's that for service!

Nevillef

Comment

I have aalso been very impressed with their service.

I have been attempting to fit their anti-roll bar bush kits only to discover the Americans have more delicate arses that we do... and thinner anti-roll bars.
            ProComp sent out two new 25mm bar mount bushes, so that I could finish the rear, and got them out to me by the following morning...

Very impressed.

andyL

Comment

they were spot on with my boots I had off them
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

This may help.

http://www.gorancho.com/products/applications.stm

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by dave 30d
                  I just bought a set off e-bay brand new still in boxes £40 the lot if they dont fit i can always flog em.
                  Dave.

If they aren't applicable and the they are for an 80 series (VX LWB) landcruiser then I might just take them off your hands if you want and I can put them on my Bruiser.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Lucky, They havnt arrived yet but i dont think they are going to fit mine coz i e-mailed Terry at pro-comp shop at lymm and he says NO! they cost me £40+£10.50p+p they sould be complete with boots etc i will let you know more when they turn up if you still interested(they fit 1990-1997 landcruisers i think). I only need a good pair of rear gas shocks for my surf 2nd gen (1995) any knocking around we could do a swap !
                    Last edited by dave 30d; 9 February 2005, 23:15.

Comment

Dave.

Drop me an email when they come to harveyaj11@hotmail.com and give me the part number if you can find it. If it is 91-97 Landcruiser I think it will be the VX LWB like mine.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by dave 30d
                        Can anyone tell me if a set of shocks (es9000) off a landcruser will fit a surf ?
                        Depends on the top and bottem fittings, you need a eye at the bottem, and a thread stud at the top. Some shocks come with eye fittings both ends like 3rd gen fronts.

Then make sure the length is the same, solid axle LC's have twice the suspension flex of IFS trucks, so they may be to long.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for all the good advice on this one guys, Finally got to Explorer at lymm and they exchanged these shocks for a brand new set of ES9000's to fit my surf ! I am over the moon .

Comment

Working...
                          X