X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical info on the 2.5l D4D engine

Hi

It's my first post here so please be gentle, I'm here to learn

I have a Hilux pickup 2x4 D4d on a 02 plate.
    I want to do the oil change my self but I cannot find anything of value in the owner's manual on where is the plug.

I would like to know if someone could point me in the right direction on where to find it.
    My second question is regarding maintenance schedule on the engine, apart from the oil change, which needs to be done every 15000 miles (I've been told) I don't know much about it.

Does someone have the "knowledge"? Or maybe a book in which I can find the information?

Thank for your help

Jack Morgan-Smith

I dont have much knowledge but it does worry me when manufacturers put all these massive service intervals on. No matter how good the oil is i'd still personally like to change the oil a bit more often than 15000miles.

Oh and welcome mate! There loads of friendly people here who will help you
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

My Autodata disc say's that the service interval is 15,000km or around 9000 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
        My Autodata disc say's that the service interval is 15,000km or around 9000 miles.
        That sounds more like it for a modern diesel.

Nevillef

Comment

9000 miles? Ok that the enire knowledge I had on it and it's not even true

Andy, what is this autodata disc you are using? Is it available to the public?

Are the oil filter only availbale from Toyota?

Thank for your help guys

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Jack's Hilux
            9000 miles? Ok that the enire knowledge I had on it and it's not even true

Andy, what is this autodata disc you are using? Is it available to the public?

Are the oil filter only availbale from Toyota?

Thank for your help guys

Jack
            Jack

It's not available to the public, but if you send me your email address I could scan the bits you need.

Filters should be available from any motor factors.

Comment

Thank you very much Andy

You have mail

Comment

Originally posted by Jack's Hilux
                Hi

It's my first post here so please be gentle, I'm here to learn

I have a Hilux pickup 2x4 D4d on a 02 plate.
                I want to do the oil change my self but I cannot find anything of value in the owner's manual on where is the plug.

I would like to know if someone could point me in the right direction on where to find it.
                My second question is regarding maintenance schedule on the engine, apart from the oil change, which needs to be done every 15000 miles (I've been told) I don't know much about it.

Does someone have the "knowledge"? Or maybe a book in which I can find the information?

Thank for your help

Jack Morgan-Smith
                Jack.

Haven't ever looked at a D4D engine however I would expect to find the sump plug at the lowest part of the engine sump probably at the rear of the sump probably level (ish) with the bulkhead or just slightly forward. Either that or it may be on the side of the sump at it's lowest point.

Hope that this helps - you will most likely need to get underneath and have a good look.

Cheers

Comment

We're running a 54 plate D4D at work and the service interval is 10000 miles. However this relies on you using fully synthetic oil. The bill for our first service was £140 of which £51 was the oil. If you don't use synthetic I would change more often, say every 5000.
                  Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Working...
                  X