stupid torsion bar question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid torsion bar question

I realise this may be a stupid question but I am in the process of fitting a 2” lift kit (done the back), when it comes to fitting the torsion bars I realise it is important to get them the right way round, now the stupid question:- Which side classes as left. Is it from the driving position or the front, in the instructions it says the drivers side is the left but the torsion bars are American made so I don’t know if the instructions are American written or rewritten for the English market. HELP.

Originally posted by jonboy
    I realise this may be a stupid question but I am in the process of fitting a 2” lift kit (done the back), when it comes to fitting the torsion bars I realise it is important to get them the right way round, now the stupid question:- Which side classes as left. Is it from the driving position or the front, in the instructions it says the drivers side is the left but the torsion bars are American made so I don’t know if the instructions are American written or rewritten for the English market. HELP.
    The marked end of the torsion bar points to the back of the truck, and the arrows point to the outside of the truck. The L one goes on the left side of the truck as you sit in it facing forward. IE. The passenger side of a surf, but the drivers side in a US truck.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

That clears that up nicely thank you, now all i have to do is try and get a new nut and bolt for the tensioner

Comment

hehe, did we mention, ALWAYS have a new bolt ready, I've not had one that isn't rusted up yet.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Are these bolts an off the shelf item or do they normally need to be ordered?

Comment

generally get them from Toyota, not that dear, and always worth having.

The nut is a special shaped coller, but can be cleaned with a tap, but the bolt is long a plain shaft and havn't found one from a nut and bolt supplier yet.

Comment

Sorry, I ment do toyota dealers keep them on the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by jonboy
                Sorry, I ment do toyota dealers keep them on the shelf.
                may do, its the same as IFS UK pickups.

Comment

Working...
                X