No Brakes!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Brakes!!

Oky doky boys and girls, went to Barton yesterday and had gr8 fun! however the brake pedal decided it would be good fun to go to the floor before stopping the truck! (oops) This has happened before at Knowsley last year but cleared up. The fluid level is fine, the pads are not new but far from being worn! today for work the brakes felt spongy so i pumped them as you would to bleed them and the red brake warning light came on for a few seconds and went off! (very strange) Anyone had a similar problem or no what it might be
    THE ORIGINAL CRAZY BITCH!

CAROL you need to clean your drums out then readjust rear shoes
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      CAROL you need to clean your drums out then readjust rear shoes
      Hi Marky I did that after Knowsley and it made little difference!

Comment

Well it works for me mate.
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

Ill give it a try at the weekend if it stays dry, i need to check it over ready for early Feb cos the MOTs due

Comment

I bet the HANDBRAKE pulls all the way out as well.
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

I bet the HANDBRAKE pulls all the way out as well.
              NOPE ! it did after Knowsley but not this time? thats whats got me wondering, and at Knowsley the pedal had travel but didnt go down to the floor this time it did

Comment

BACKUP PLAN ask ANDREA to let you borrow one of these from work.
                Attached Files
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

BACKUP PLAN ask ANDREA to let you borrow one of these from work.
                  LOL xellent idea! not sure the man from the Ministry would approve though lol

Comment

Originally posted by crazybitch
                    Oky doky boys and girls, went to Barton yesterday and had gr8 fun! however the brake pedal decided it would be good fun to go to the floor before stopping the truck! (oops) This has happened before at Knowsley last year but cleared up. The fluid level is fine, the pads are not new but far from being worn! today for work the brakes felt spongy so i pumped them as you would to bleed them and the red brake warning light came on for a few seconds and went off! (very strange) Anyone had a similar problem or no what it might be
                    As mark says, clean out your drums...I had this recently when some mud that I thought I had cleaned out got back in the way.....Brake light flashing on the dash...sorted mine due to change of brakes and good clear out of all mud

Heres my original thread
                    http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...ht=brake+light
                    Gaz

Comment

As Mark and Gaz say clean your brakes out. The auto adjusters tend not to work to well so with both rear wheels lifted adjust rear shoes. This will cut down the travel. this should be done b4 any handbrake adjustment. If the wheel cyl pistons have to much travel they push out too far (leaking past seals) and causes loss of pressure therefore pedel to the floor. The red light is your fluid level warning light top it up. Check your wheel cyls for leakage and bleed if they have.
                      Had the same prob and it was a wheel cyl weeping under excess travel.
                      BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Working...
                      X