ssrg suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssrg suspension

I have a 3rd gen ssrg and i find the suspension really hard! the difference between hard and soft is minimal, yet on my 2.4 ssrx there was a big difference, soft was nice and comfortable while hard was what it said on the tin! does anybody else find this?

My adjustable suspension is about right .Normal is fine and hard like you say is as it says on the tin.
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

suspension

I wonder if mine is stuck in 'hard' , god, how the hell do i find out about that?

Comment

Originally posted by riddler
        I wonder if mine is stuck in 'hard' , god, how the hell do i find out about that?
        Are you sure they havnt been changed for uprated ones? If you have adjustables, they are actuated by small motor units on top of the shock. If you open the window, you should be able to hear them working. Alternatively, you should be able to see a moveemnt on the voltmeter as they go on and off load.

Having said that, the difference on mine is not all that great - really just a more fidgety ride when set on hard. I tend to use it only for motorway (to improve stability in case of quick lane change) or when offroading to give a little bit of additional resistance to help the springs. Mostly I like to wallow around on the std setting.

Cheers

Kev

Comment

suspension

Iwill check to see if i can hear anything happening, there is'nt a volt meter to watch mores the pity, i wonder if its just me, and that is how it is supposed to be! my 2.4 was torsion bar and this one is coil over shock. It just seems too hard on normal.
          Thanx for the reply.
          Paul

Comment

Iwill check to see if i can hear anything happening, there is'nt a volt meter to watch mores the pity, i wonder if its just me, and that is how it is supposed to be! my 2.4 was torsion bar and this one is coil over shock. It just seems too hard on normal.
            Thanx for the reply.
            Paul
            I've ridden in both 2nd and 3rd gen - not that much difference in the standard ride. My bet would be that the shocks have been changed out for procomp or some such.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I have a 3rd gen ssrg and i find the suspension really hard! the difference between hard and soft is minimal, yet on my 2.4 ssrx there was a big difference, soft was nice and comfortable while hard was what it said on the tin! does anybody else find this?
              When looked at my electric adj shocks I found at least two were malfunctioning. So I took them all out and put some decent Pro Comp offroad ones in- never looked back since. By the way- Toyota price for a replacement is £186 each +VAT. Pro Comp ~ £30 each.

Nevillef

Comment

Also makes you think - Toyota £186, pile of sh**e mainly,
                Procomp - £30 - damn good mainly.

Go figure!!!

Comment

suspension

where can i get procomp from?

Comment

where can i get procomp from?
                    http://www.supertrux.com/
                    or
                    http://www.toyotahilux.com/
                    or
                    http://www.explorerprocomp.co.uk/
                    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

where are you in the west midlands??
                      NO WORRIES!
                      Rusty

Comment

suspension

I'm in sunny stourbridge!! I think i may end up changing the shocks and the springs, because one of the rear springs is sagging and the ride is just so hard it spoils the truck. Just need to look into it a bit now, don't think i need uprated springs just standard with some nice new shocks that work!
                        Thanx for the replys all

Comment

suspension

thank you for those links linda, i am going to buy the kit from procomp and change my springs and shocks. thanks again

Comment

Working...
                          X