1.1/2" body lift kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.1/2" body lift kit

can anyone tell me if the 1.1/2" body lift kit that milners have got for a LN130 1993 surf if they are any good or would it be better to go for a total 2" lift with the springs and shocks. Thanks in advance for any help

if at first you don't succeed then sky diving isn't for you
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

2" is a suspension lift the other is a body lift.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

body lift

do you know if there is much hassle involved in the body lift or if it is going to be staight forward

Comment

Not tried it. It all depends on what you want to achieve. For more info check out DELBOYS mod http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5102
        Last edited by marky; 14 January 2005, 20:42.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
          do you know if there is much hassle involved in the body lift or if it is going to be staight forward
          When you do the body lift you also have to drop the radiator and lift the bumper the brackets to do this are NOT in the kit. It is just as easy to fit the suspension kit. I did my front torsion bars and shocks on my own in about an hour and the rear with help took about the same. The big difference is in the price £400 2" suspesion lift or £60 1.5" body lift. I have both on my truck, and I think the suspension lift was a lot less hassle.
          Last edited by jotto; 14 January 2005, 21:48.
          I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

If what Jotto says is true then the Milners kit is not complete and leaves their customer with a lot of work to figure out for themselves.You can buy an excellent kit from Roger Brown in the US for under £100 and he will make it to your spec, 1.5" or 2" or whatever. This man lives and breathes toyotas, drives one, offroads it, develops products for it, so why not go to someone who knows EXACTLY what he is talking about, makes the products himself, and above all, is just like us - a toyota nut!

I fitted his 2" bodylift kit last year. You can have it complete with bumper and radiator brackets and instructions to boot. As Roger B himself says the difficulty involved can be measured on the banana scale as been 2 bananas of difficulty

Delboys mod was a suspension lift at the rear and a balljoint spacer'd lift at the front.

Comment

body lift

hi all and thanks for the info. has anyone got an email address or web site for this bloke so i could get in touch. could any one tell me if there is a differance in a body lift and a suspension lift as i would like to get mine lifted but not sure what would be best
              thanks again to all who reply

Comment

another excuse to do this.......

Comment

Originally posted by JimL

Delboys mod was a suspension lift at the rear and a balljoint spacer'd lift at the front.
                  I have a 1" body lift aswell, jim!
                  Derek :
                  1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                  [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

roger brown is real good... i had a slight problem as he's made the kits for LHD vehicles... he was really helpful and took my feedback to improve the stuff!...
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
                      I have a 1" body lift aswell, jim!
                      Not on that dogamn link ya didnt Cleetus

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                        Not on that dogamn link ya didnt Cleetus

YEEE HAW!
                        Derek :
                        1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                        [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Working...
                        X