Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel spacers

Hi Folks
    I have aquired a set of wheelspacers for my surf and was wondering if any one else had fitted them before or had any problems with them?
    They are simillar to these on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...518171600&rd=1
    That is if the link works.
    It would be good to hear everybodys point of view
    Cheers Charlie

Linda has them on the Bullet, theres no problem, they make the standard alloys fill the wide body arches nicely.

They will exaggerate any wear in the steering/bearings a little, but if everythings OK, you won't have any problems.

Couldn't vouch for the ebays ones, but they look the right sort, ie, bolt the spacer to the hub, then wheel bolts to new studs in spacer. I wouldn't use a spacer just with holes in it and stud extensions for that wide a wheel spacer.

Ours are LA Supertrux jobbies.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

If they are the same as those on ebay they are the same as the ones I got and I won't fit them to my Surf. They are not the solid type(like Linda has) and you have to grind a bit off the wheel studs to get the extended bolts to tighten up against the hub in the correct position.
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

I couldn't find any spacers on the LA Supertrux site, how much are they do you know?

Would I have any problems fitting them to a Gen 2 widebody with 265/70/15s? How upset is plod likely to get if they protrude out a centimeter or so (which is what I estimate they will).

TIA
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
          I couldn't find any spacers on the LA Supertrux site, how much are they do you know?

Would I have any problems fitting them to a Gen 2 widebody with 265/70/15s? How upset is plod likely to get if they protrude out a centimeter or so (which is what I estimate they will).

TIA
          Bronco 4x4 do them i'm sure there ones are about 32mm wide and expensive i paid about £155 for a set,top notch quality though and i have not had any side effects yet from them and i've been running with them for over a year now,of course you could always buy a cheap set and run the risk after all you get what you pay for!

Comment

or get toyota alloys with a deep dish like me... hard to find so tony tells me Think they are off an older landcruiser but are identical pattern to Surf originals
            Attached Files
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Spacers

Yeh guys i have been thinking about these spacers for a while and I will go with my own feelins on them that is I will not fit them as they dont look strong enough to do the job especially when my wife drives the car more than me.
              Thanks for the pionts of views
              Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie

TIA
                At the risk of tempting fate, I've never had any trouble. You only need most of the actual tread to be covered, if anything sticks out with those, most of it will be the sidewall bulge.

Comment

ive already posted on here ref those spacers off e bay, i got some, and not only do you have to grind some of the studs away,but also the length of the extended stud is not long enough to go through the alloy, giving the bolt insufficient purchase, and thus making them very unsafe, i badgered the seller telling him that he'd supplied me a product that wasnt suitable for the vehicle, and after a number of e mails he replied and gave me a full refund .......... dont fit them their pieces of !!!!e, badger the seller and he will refund

KC

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Ours are LA Supertrux jobbies.

No there not!
                    Derek :
                    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

I fitted 3.5inch spacers on mine. Bought from e-bay. Only problem is I have to check my nuts each week as they have a happit of comming loose ( the ones on the truck that is)

Comment

Originally posted by MAD MANXMAN
                        I fitted 3.5inch spacers on mine. Bought from e-bay. Only problem is I have to check my nuts each week as they have a happit of comming loose ( the ones on the truck that is)
                        Try torquing them up with a bit of blue thread loc on them.
                        BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
                          No there not!
                          OK, they're Roughtrax jobbies...........

(yeah? or shall I guess again?)

Comment

Originally posted by charlski
                            ive already posted on here ref those spacers off e bay, i got some, and not only do you have to grind some of the studs away,but also the length of the extended stud is not long enough to go through the alloy, giving the bolt insufficient purchase, and thus making them very unsafe, i badgered the seller telling him that he'd supplied me a product that wasnt suitable for the vehicle, and after a number of e mails he replied and gave me a full refund .......... dont fit them their pieces of !!!!e, badger the seller and he will refund

KC
                            OK - thats totally different to mine then. Mine are defiantely the solid type and no grinding was necessary (even for Tony - )
                            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Right then guys and girls
                              I emailed the seller and returned them and got my money back with no problems.
                              So what will the best ones be to get and where from?
                              I personally want solid spacers and ones that do not have to be checked every week as I work away 2 weeks at a time and it is my wifes car.
                              Cheers for your points a view
                              Charlie

Comment

Working...
                              X