Fuel efficiency by Hiclone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel efficiency by Hiclone

Hi guys, thought this may be of interest.

I heard about this gadget on my travels round Australia and have now found their web site. Its a gadget that fits in the air intake and swirls the air to get better combustion. these are their claims:-

Carburettor 15 to 20% fuel savings
    EFI 10 to 15% fuel savings
    Diesel 5 to 10% fuel savings
    LPG 5 to 20% fuel savings

"quote"
    Hiclone is covered by a
    30-day unconditional
    money-back guarantee
    Any purchaser who is not completely
    satisfied with the results within 30 days
    may return the unit (with proof of purchase)
    for a full refund.
    (dont know if this covers overseas)

The price is $160 aussie dollers (approx £60-£65) but dont know what shipping would be to uk.

Web addy is http://www.hiclone.com.au

If anyone has tried these i would be egar to know what they think.
    BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Available in UK too

See http://www.hiclone.co.uk/

Prices start at 49.99 ex vat.

Comment

Uk

Also sold at many car shows.
      Still Searching,
      Dick Whittington

Comment

You already have something better that the Hiclone.It's called a Turbo.

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
          You already have something better that the Hiclone.It's called a Turbo.

Neville
          Wondered if any1 has tried them. Although i have a turbo you can still get better air flowpower/torque and economy. You can either fit one before the turbo, one after the turbo, or both.
          BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Originally posted by jimbob_steele
            See http://www.hiclone.co.uk/

Prices start at 49.99 ex vat.
            Thanks for the uk site addy i didnt know they had got over here lol.
            BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

I was looking at some surplus parts from our old food mincer and thinking of doing a DIY job.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

and if you stick a whistle in the airbox, it fools the engine into thinking its got a turbo....
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Yet another device with no scientific basis of proof whatsoever!

Remarkably like the "Fuel Magnet" methinks. Well, I joked in that thread about puting a magnet on the air intake as well! I was taking the !!!! then- and so are Hiclone.....

As NiftyNev said the Turbo does a pretty good job of stirring the air around before it jets through the inlet valves and into them combustion chambers. I doubt very much if air flow is laminar by then! In fact the fins of this 'device' are more likley to restrict airflow into the engine.

Nevillef

Comment

The turbo doesnt swirl the air. It forces more air longditudely down the intake manifold. Swirling or spiraling air creates less drag and in throry get more in to the combustion chamber.

As for the DIY food processer method it may well work. Only one way to find out. Dyson vacs have a good cyclone but dont think they would be good for the job lol
                    BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Originally posted by Grimreeper
                      The turbo doesnt swirl the air. It forces more air longditudely down the intake manifold. Swirling or spiraling air creates less drag and in throry get more in to the combustion chamber.

As for the DIY food processer method it may well work. Only one way to find out. Dyson vacs have a good cyclone but dont think they would be good for the job lol
                      I was jesting but now you have mentioned it, the stainless steel blades from our knackered old food processor look just the right size mmmmmmmm. Where's my micrometer?
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

A mate over here in Australia has one of these in the carby of his Nissan Patrol. He took it out for a while, and did notice he was using a little more fuel so he put it back on... so yeah, they can work for some cars - never heard of anyone puting one in a Surf yet though.
                        Mark
                        Perth, Western Australia
                        www.perth4x4.net

Comment

Working...
                        X