Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullbar Fitting??

Hi All,

I am trying to fit a standard bull bar to my Surf but there appears to be a hose either side stopping it.
    Has anyone got a photo of how theres is fitted??

Thanks

Below are pics of the bullbar and the hoses in the way.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by jagr
    Hi All,

I am trying to fit a standard bull bar to my Surf but there appears to be a hose either side stopping it.
    Has anyone got a photo of how theres is fitted??

Thanks

Below are pics of the bullbar and the hoses in the way.
    You should find 2 large bolts near the hoses (these are the aircon hoses) bolting into the chassis. It's close but if you undo those bolts (the front aircon rad mounting plate is also attached here, the A bar brackets bolt to those.

Edit.

Just looked at the picture of the A bar, you are missing two l shaped brackets that attach the A bar to the car, it won't fit without them.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for replying, I have the brackets and have just tried again with no joy.

The first pic shows the brackets that were attached to the car when I bought it.
      The second shows the ones that came attached with the bullbar.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jagr
        Thanks for replying, I have the brackets and have just tried again with no joy.

The first pic shows the brackets that were attached to the car when I bought it.
        The second shows the ones that came attached with the bullbar.
        I'm pretty sure that the brackets should be fitted with the flat part at the top. It should gove sufficient clearance. The problem is you can't move the pipes as you will break the seal on the AC and then need to get it recharged.

Cheers

Comment

These images might help.

andyL
          Attached Files

Comment

You need to remove the Recovery hooks first as the 2 bolts hold your bracket on.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Got an A bar in the garage waiting to be fitted but cant get the recovery hook off, any ideas? Also I dont have any bolts to attach the brackets to the chasis, what size do I need as the holes are threaded.

Comment

You can use the rcovery hook bolts as they should be long enough.
                Mine were very tight so i used scaffold pole for leverage.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Finally got the bullbar fitted.
                  I had to get the brackets extended so it sits a bit lower.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X