Over Running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over Running

MY SURF KZN 130 STARTED TO OVER RUN TODAY ????? IT WILL OVER RUN FOR ABOUT 30 SEC,S TRIED IT LATER STOP,S THE WAY IT SHOULD ANY IDEAS

Depends what you mean by overrun. If you mean you switch it off and it keeps on going then the following come to mind:

1) - you have a turbo timer that has suddenly got switched on. These keep the engine running for a while after switch off to allow the turbo bearings to be cooled off

2) - you have a faulty ignition switch

3) - you have a source of oil getting into one or more cylinders that is then acting as fuel (pretty long shot that one)

Cheers

Kev

Comment

Graham,
      I agree with Kev.
      Most likely is a Turbo timer.

Do you have a unknown "Thingy" situated say behind the gear selector - low down - which lights up when you switch th engine off. if yes its your Turbo Timer, should be time adjustable.
      But could be located elsewere.

I say Thingy because that what most poeple say for unknown items on a Surf.
      [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

May also be a faulty fuel shutoff valve on the fuel pump. It's on the top of the fuel pump with a multi connector. You may want to diconnect and reconnect it. Toyota connectors are fairly suceptible to getting dirty, corroded or loose. Diesel engines are stopped by activation of the fuel shutoff, because they are compression ignition, they will run on until the fuel runs out if switching off the ignition doesn't activate the FSV.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
          May also be a faulty fuel shutoff valve on the fuel pump. It's on the top of the fuel pump with a multi connector. You may want to diconnect and reconnect it. Toyota connectors are fairly suceptible to getting dirty, corroded or loose. Diesel engines are stopped by activation of the fuel shutoff, because they are compression ignition, they will run on until the fuel runs out if switching off the ignition doesn't activate the FSV.

Cheers
          THANK.S FOR ALL THE INFO IT HAS NOT HAPPENED SINCE BUT I WILL KEEP ALL THE SUGGESTIONS IN MIND

Comment

Working...
          X