Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Hilux / Surf / 4Runner Repair Manuals & Wiring Diagrams

1988 to 1997 Toyota Hilux / Surf / 4Runner Repair and Wiring Manuals

Please see this link (the manuals have been uploaded separately and clicking on the link below will take you to them)

https://hiluxsurf.co.uk/manuals/vehi...s/contents.htm
    Thanks
    Rob Watson (forum owner and admin)

Hi Rob.
    I am confused. The title of the page "1988 to 1997 Toyota Hilux / 4Runner Repair and Wiring Manuals"
    offers 1988-1997....
    The first link - Complete Repair Manual" takes me to a set of docs named with links that are labeled "R.M. 1995....(4RUNNER)"
    The 2nd link - "Complete Wiring/Electrical manual" takes me to a set of docs named with links that are labeled "E.W.D. 1990-1995::1995 4Runner...."

First off "a HUGE thankyou for all the work it must have taken. MUCH appreciated".

My problem(?)...
    I
    spent 2 days assembling bits from the 2nd link above, the info I thought I would need, to crack a problem with my rear/tail window not wanting to shut. Great! Now it was time to put together my troubleshooting strategy...

THEN I found the first link's manual. It looks like it has a lot of the right stuff together in one place for my topic of trouble shooting that rear window. I had not yet set out a trouble shooting path with the info pieces I had gathered, and here it was nicely gathered together!
    Then I hit a hitch:
    This second manual I had found (1st link above) refers to "Power Window Regulator Switch
    " (2nd page, labelled as page BE-69). I cannot find this item in either this manual nor the first...

Which led me to notice that this latest discovered manual is apparently ONLY for 1995
    (this one with a different-named part), while the other manual appears to be for a wider range - back to 1990..

ARE THEY FOR DIFFERENT VEHICLES? - or is the 1995-only (repair) manual just carelessly written by a different set of authors?

Sorry if I am being dumb, but many parts have very similar names AND ARE different, so names are quite important. I don't know whether it is a mistake, or whether the manual IS for a different model... Do I carry on trying, or go back to the first manual?

My vehicle is in fact an imported
    1994 Toyota Hilux Surf ssr-x 3.0 L turbodiesel 2nd gen Model Y-KZN 130W, engine model 1KZT, off production line in March 1994, imported here in around 2005 to UK.

Your help - ANY light you can shed - would be much appreciated!... I am stuck at the moment, in winter in the highlands, with a tail window letting in the elements, and not much help from either AA or a garage bloke, who don't know enough about the vehicle to sort it...
    Thank you.

Comment

"Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message"

I am guessing you wrote that, so am responding. I clicked on the link in the "R.M. ..... " documents list, on "Power Window Control system".
      Please let me know if you don't want these errors reported, I have had a few and not bothered before, but it would be nice to get them fixed. It is demoralising to think you have found a useful link, and then hit that dead end.
      Cheers

Comment

Ditto previous for "Power door Lock control system". (A few door, lock and window problems with my truck...)

Comment

Hi Rob
          First many thanks for uploading.

Are you able to confirm if both links in this post apply to Gen 3 please?
          Looking for transfer case repair manual and auto transmission wiring diagram specifically.
          If not for Gen 3 would it be similar?
          Struggling to find answers to 4 wheel drive not working Kent area.
          Have found good guys locally to look at it.but need more info to progress
          Steve Turner

Comment

Working...
          X