Stereo power...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo power...

Hi all I have just got an Alpine head unit that has to have a seperate feed to the battery, which battery should i connect it to or doesnt it matter?
    Thanks
    Tim
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Originally posted by dirtydog
    Hi all I have just got an Alpine head unit that has to have a seperate feed to the battery, which battery should i connect it to or doesnt it matter?
    Thanks
    Tim

Shouldn't need to go direct to the battery, I assume this is for the memory, just find a perm live in a loom near the radio, there will be one.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Aha! It needed a direct feed mate as its a newish Alpine unit, 60w x 4 (not RMS obviously) says in massive letters do not connect behind dash. I know it would have been ok anyway but i ran one the drivers side battery fused at the battery and the head unit too. Tight squeeze to get it in but all works and just installed the chnanger in the dark (in the left rear pocket in the boot) WELL CHUFFED!!!
      Stuck a pocket in too - guessed the face and fitting holes and luckily it was all flush D. Aerial works and everything. Dont want to take the dash out again though thats 3 times in a week so far!!!

Thanks for the lead BTW mate - top man!
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Either battery will do, passenger side battery is the second battery and I would tend to wire to that one as the other one tends to have more wires to it in the first place - just makes connecting easier, however in the end it doesn't matter as they are connected in parallel.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X