rear window wont open from outside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window wont open from outside

Ok first post time i have just got my surf a 1991 2.4 Green colour but when i try to open the rear window from the outside nothing happens so i can only load stuff from inside the truck any suggestions bearing in mind im as a technical minded as a tadpole cheers for help inadvance caaw.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section but i was unsure where to stick it

Im pretty new too but I have seen various people say "check the window lock button on the leccy window bit on your drivers door"

Matt

Oh and on tab at the top you will see search, click on it and put in rear window or tailgate window and you will see various posts on this subject
    Last edited by Manic; 1 November 2004, 19:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Manic
      Im pretty new too but I have seen various people say "check the window lock button on the leccy window bit on your drivers door"

Matt

Oh and on tab at the top you will see search, click on it and put in rear window or tailgate window and you will see various posts on this subject
      Also check the rear wiper is housed correctly in its rest.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

rear wiper should not be a problem as if you turn the ignition off with the wiper not home then when you put the key in the lock to wind the windy down it first sends the wipoer home befor starting to open. this trick will also tell you if the key switch is working, also the window lock button can catch you out
        so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

My wiper didnt return correctly & i suffered this dilema, it took me a while to fathom this one out as there is a sensor that detects if wiper is in the home position. Activate rear wiper again then try again.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Ok following your posts i checked the button its not locked i can open the window from in the car. The wiper is locked in its position not showing so quess its not that. And if the window is open the key outside will wind it up but will not open it is there a fuse antwhere i can check ?

Comment

Originally posted by caaw
              Ok following your posts i checked the button its not locked i can open the window from in the car. The wiper is locked in its position not showing so quess its not that. And if the window is open the key outside will wind it up but will not open it is there a fuse antwhere i can check ?

If it was a fuse it wouldn't do either, I suspect a duff switch on the key lock, it has cropped up before, take a part and have a look.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

rear window

its probably the relay ive repaired 2 in the past i cant see it being the key switch it would still work from the switch in the centre console try pressing this switch to close with ignition on and see if your clock lights go dim and battery gauge goes down if they dont then it could be your motor.
                chris

Comment

Originally posted by cmr356
                  its probably the relay ive repaired 2 in the past i cant see it being the key switch it would still work from the switch in the centre console try pressing this switch to close with ignition on and see if your clock lights go dim and battery gauge goes down if they dont then it could be your motor.
                  chris

[QUOTE] i can open the window from in the car [QUOTE]

he can open it from in the car, will go up with the key, will only not go down from the key????

My 4x4
                  My choice
                  Back off

Comment

I've got a sim. problem............ My window will do up with the key. But the switch inside will not work. The power dims when you press the switch. So maybe it's a relay fault???

Where are the relays kept on these>>?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X