Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air con and aerial

Hi

its my first post on here, just got my surf (3L 1994 auto) last week and have encounterd a few problems.

1 replaced radio all working ok apart from the aerial as nothing happens does anybody have a drawing?

2 Air con does not come on, i have read on the forum that it may be the lack of gas etc but would that stop the light on the switch from coming on same again any drawing at all?

love the forum lots of info, good work

thanks Andy
    I dont know only just got mine!

Aerial

http://www.installdr.com/

Hi Andy did the aerial work before the new radio install? Did you use one of the conversion leads iso to toyota wiring can be bought for about £12.00 this makes sure the aerial works , check the link above as this has the full install for a surf radio. As far as i know the air con may be a fuse behind the glove box(3 in total i think) that i have read posted on this forum.
    http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/16/19/f1/0900823d801619f1.jsp Check this link as well as it gives the fuse locations and also check the main site as it has some useful info about the surf.

Comment

You can buy the ISO lead from here for £7.50 inc delivery - i just ordered one and that is cheap!
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Air con and aerial

dont know if the ariel worked as there was no radio in the car have. Also found that there is a control relay under the dash for it. I did have a quick look under the gove box but could not find the fuse box

Any ideas Andy

Comment

Aerial

Hi if no radio were the two toyota connectors just hanging, also did you use the adapter lead as mentioned in my earlier post or were the wires just cut off?

Comment

Air con and aerial

hi it had the two plugs but i didnt use the adapter as i worked out the pin outs on the plugs ther is only one left which i suspect as being the ariel.

Thanks Andy

Comment

Aerial

Hi andy there are two wires in the toyota loom that are commoned in the adapter ,one is the aerial trigger and the other triggers the amp to feed the rear speakers.I think the colours are black with green stripe and silver dot for the aerial trigger and pink with blue stripe and silver dot for rear amp these two are commoned together.Some people put a switch in line with the aerial trigger so that they can manually move the aerial up and down.

Comment

Air Con

Have you tried switching the blower fans to on this will allow a/c to work.If internal heater fans are off then no a/c. Good luck!
                CURRY-ER

Comment

Air con and aerial

i tried that i also put power to the cltch on the pump with engine runing and the cab got cold quickly I need to get hold of a draw in etc

thanks Andy

Comment

Working...
                  X