Brake warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake warning light

I've got a KZN 185 1996 which is still under warranty. I have noticed that when I turn left the brake warning light which is the same as the handbrake comes on. Once I straighten up or turn right it goes off. Any ideas!!!

Not totally sure but doesn't it also act as a low brake fluid warning light? I'd take a look under the bonnet and check the fluid level in case you've got a leak on the line somewhere.
    Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
      Not totally sure but doesn't it also act as a low brake fluid warning light? I'd take a look under the bonnet and check the fluid level in case you've got a leak on the line somewhere.

Apparently it does act as a low brake fluid warning light. Mine stays on constantly but dims a little when the hand brake is off, I have checked the fluid level and this is OK but it still stays on, so I have disconnected it, problem solved. Have also heard that is a low brake pad warning light as well but I cant see any wiring going to the brakes??

Comment

Originally posted by sim
        Apparently it does act as a low brake fluid warning light. Mine stays on constantly but dims a little when the hand brake is off, I have checked the fluid level and this is OK but it still stays on, so I have disconnected it, problem solved. Have also heard that is a low brake pad warning light as well but I cant see any wiring going to the brakes??

Low pad warning is a bit of metal that touches the pads and screeches like mad
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

re warning light

Mine is intermitently on or off too, thought it was an artefact from underbody mechanicals and a recent underbody seal and so tried to remedy with grease in a few chosen spots, I now think by mere coincidence the light went out and then returned a few days later. Again brake fluid and pads seem fine so am ignoring it although its !!!!!! annoying.

Comment

Again brake fluid and pads seem fine so am ignoring it although its !!!!!! annoying.[/QUOTE]

Try and disconect it, under the bonnet were you see the brake master cylinder, you will find a cable comming off the top with a white connector on it, pull this apart. The handbrake light will still work when you pull the brake on and off. It wound me up as well.

Comment

re sim

Thanks man

Comment

Working...
              X