band expander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• band expander

i have been told that if i fit one of these i will be able to get more stations on me radio can anyonetell me where i can get one and are they easy too fit

You are better off bitting the bullit and buying a UK spec radio. I went through the same phases fitting band expander. Everybody here advised me to chuck the Jap one in the bin but I did not listen, but they are right. Save yourself some greif and do it now. The Sony double din Radio.CD/Casette is a perfect exchange, £120 and installed in 15 minutes in a 3rd gen and it looks brill. There are many others that are fitted in other Toyota models that are a direct exchange
    Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Dont waste your time while you have the dash apart fit a new radio you wont regret it....
      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

but if you really want one, they're abut £15 look on ebay for cheap prices.

it just connects between the aerial and the stereo and then has another wire for the +ve... none of the stations will be in the right place and they don't really give very good reception... i could still only get radio 2 on mine except once when i drove up a hill.
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          but if you really want one, they're abut £15 look on ebay for cheap prices.

it just connects between the aerial and the stereo and then has another wire for the +ve... none of the stations will be in the right place and they don't really give very good reception... i could still only get radio 2 on mine except once when i drove up a hill.
          The FORUM sells them as well MATT but much cheaper
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Sorry to be controversial but the Jap radio and band expander on the Bullet works superbly! Did think I was gonna have to ditch it as radio was c**p but Tony discovered a wire that wasnt connected, hooked it up and the reception on all radio stations is great now, even local ones.

Try it and see, you might be lucky....
            Last edited by Linda; 3 October 2004, 21:13. Reason: Spelling
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by marky
              The FORUM sells them as well MATT but much cheaper

Marky since when has the forum sold band expanders????????????????????? ??
              I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                Sorry to be controversial but the Jap radio and band expander on the Bullet works superbly! Did think I was gonna have to ditch it as radio was c**p but Tony discovered a wire that wasnt connected, hooked it up and the reception on all radio stations is great now, even local ones.

Mine also worked fine, I just got really fed up with no RDS and the stations all being on the wrong frequencies!

Comment

Originally posted by Linda

Was it the aerial???????

Seriously though, the band expanders are fine if your radio tunes up in small steps. Some Japanese radios tune in steps that are 100KHz off the European channel steps and if this is the case it will never sound any good. Try it and see if you are otherwise happy with the radio.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
                    Marky since when has the forum sold band expanders????????????????????? ??
                    I thought we had some ?
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                      I thought we had some ?

No, wiring harnesses we do have.
                      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                      My choice
                      Back off

Comment

Working...
                      X