Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter Motor service parts

Hello All,

Does anybody know if the service parts for the starters on the surf are easy to come by??

Steff on the old forum replacing the brushes on his '94 3.0 and lube the mechy bits.

I need to do the same on my '94 3.0 as the bugger has started to stick so any help would be appreciated to locate the parts.

Thanks

Rich.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

You should be able to get all the bits from Toyota, they are the same as 4Runner starters. The contacts (usually the cure for a 'clicking' motor) for my starter cost about £8 from them.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Cheers Tony,

All I need to do now is find another Toyota dealer - Reading one was crap last time!

Rich.

Comment

My local one in Bishops Stortford does mail order and is import friendly, you want the phone No.?

Also Milners are worth a shot.

Comment

I am going to try the dealer in Kidlington where I am working tomorrow but your local sounds like a good option.

Number would be ace.

Ta

Rich.

Comment

Originally posted by rich
            Cheers Tony,

All I need to do now is find another Toyota dealer - Reading one was crap last time!

Rich.
            Octagon in Slough (on the trading estate) is the one I use - I work in Maidenhead.

They are damn good and don't even raise an eyebrow at the mention of a Surf.

Cheers

Comment

Addy and phone No.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

The Parts Manager in Kidlington was sound and gave me all the part numbers as they didn't have them on the shelf.

Ordered them as part numbers from Reading and they are none the wiser

For those that are interested the parts and prices are as follows:

Holder ASSY, Starter Brush (Kit) Part No. 28140-77090- £54.48
                Fits 2LTE, 3L..LN13# IKZTE, 2L#, KZN130, LN108,112,85..4FC

Plunger, Magnet Switch (Solenoid) Part No. 28235-17030- £14.92

Starter Kit, Motor Terminal (The bit the plunger hits and connects the starter motor) Part No. 28226-54220 £9.39

Starter Kit, Battery Terminal (The other bit the plunger hits) Part No. 28226-54320 £5.78

Comment

Thanks for the addy Tony. Likely to come in useful someday.

Rich.

Comment

Hey rich
                    Thats excellent news! I live about 10 miles from kidlington and only just bought my surf. I was thinking of a trip up there today for a few bits and It good to know they are import friendly
                    Neil
                    www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

Didn't make It !!
                      Still P****** about with cooling system!! See post on General!! Aghh! Neil

Comment

Originally posted by europa88
                        Hey rich
                        Thats excellent news! I live about 10 miles from kidlington and only just bought my surf. I was thinking of a trip up there today for a few bits and It good to know they are import friendly
                        Neil
                        Hi Neil,

Congrat's on getting your Surf!

When you go to the Toyota garage it is a good idea to open the bonnet and take all of the details down from the plate - Frame Number, Engine, etc.

This means they can bring up you exact motor details and give you the right parts.

Rich.

Addy:

Inchcape
                        Oxford Motor Park
                        Langford Lane
                        Kidlington
                        Oxfordshire
                        OX5 1FJ

Tel: 01865 291300
                        Fax: 01865 291391
                        Web: www.toyota.co.uk/inchcape-oxford

Mark Taylor is the Parts Manager
                        Last edited by rich; 14 October 2003, 21:14.

Comment

Hi Rich
                          I went up yesterday and was amazed to find one of the guys in the parts was a mate I used to work with! Well I did work for 2 toyota main dealers in the 80's & early 90's. The guys name is Steve and he couldn't help me enough! Bought some locking wheelnuts (actually labeled for
                          avensis but we checked depth and taper all Ok!) Even went out side and replaced my rear wiper rubber as well and helped carry 10litres forlife to the surf for me! (well I am on crutches following an op on my leg!!)

Funnily enough I know Mark Taylor too although he wasn't there
                          he is in new Zealand thinking of emigrating looking for a house! Now If he isn't a potential Surf owner who is??? In all i was pleasantly suprised as coming from a Toyota sales background I was expecting a negative response for Imports.

I guess the dealers are waking up to the fact that there is money to be made out of them too!

Cheers

Neil

Comment

Nice one Neil,

Some have woken up now they have the data on the vehicles.

Before that it was a nightmare to know what had been put on a specific vehicle and it was a guessing game that they didn't like playing.

I even managed to get a dashboard part for mine - bit expensive mind!

Rich.

Comment

Working...
                            X