Brake warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake warning light

My hand brake light has started being half iluminated when driving, thought I needed to check my brake fluid but it's fine any ideas?

Originally posted by Dazza
    My hand brake light has started being half iluminated when driving, thought I needed to check my brake fluid but it's fine any ideas?
    It's the level switch on the top of the master cylinder gone a bit duff. Unclip the wire from it until you can get a new one.

Cheers
    Andy

Comment

Also check your handbrake is going all the way in, and its also a low vacuum warning light.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

That gives me a few things to check I'll undo the wires to the resivior if that stops it then I know it's that, great this forum really pleased I got a surf and found it. Just got back from taking brother inlaw to heathrow, sat in traffic on m25 for nearly 2hrs ( it was only one jct) and the surf behaved fine do find the inside gets hot when heaters on cold think its the rear heater maybe or just heat from the motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Dazza
          do find the inside gets hot when heaters on cold think its the rear heater maybe or just heat from the motor?
          You get a lot of heat soaking up through the floor from the exhaust/turbo and from the auto transmission. Think of it as an energy saving feature
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Yeah it comes up inside the centre arm rest / storage bit on mine, you can keep pasties warm in it!
            Last edited by rich; 29 September 2004, 12:55.
            If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Be nice in the winter but my aircon needs regas so bit hot in the summer. Still ain't got around to disconecting that wire but lights stopped coming on now.

Comment

Working...
              X