Total power loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total power loss

Hi, looking for help as I am baffled! Was out driving in my 3rd gen 3.0 Surf yesterday on a normal road here in Bulgaria, for normal read potholed and rough when all of a sudden (no warning) everything died. Lights,radio,blowers, starter, central locking, the lot, total power loss. I have a Laseline immobiliser fitted, this is making a few noises and my dash lights come on but nothing else. When I opened up the starter relay and manually operated it the starter cranked the engine over but did not start (no fuel) I have a feeling the problem lies with the immobiliser, but my mechanic says not. can anyone please throw some "light" on this problem as this is my only transport and I am stuck. Thanks in advance,Tom.

Hi, I also think it might be related to the immobiliser, as all electrics died. If it turns out that that's not the case, then get the ECU tested.

Cheers

Comment

Total power loss

Thanks for that Tashtego, onc he has finished checking everything if it does turn out to be the immobiliser he can remove it completely.

Comment

Total power loss

Job fettled now,turned out to be damaged main positive feed to engine compartment fuse box shorting out to earth, could have been nasty,but mechanic sorted it for 35 pounds which included transporting on flat bed (6 miles) to his workshop. He's a grand lad.

Comment

Working...
        X