Main beam flasher not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main beam flasher not working

I've got a 2nd Gen 4Runner and it has a weird problem with the main beam flash.

The headlamps work normally, dipped and main beam. However, when you pull back on the main beam switch, in order to flash, nothing comes on in the headlamps. The full beam light comes on on the dashboard and the headlamp relay under the bonnet activates, but nothing lights up in the headlamps.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

I have the same problem with my 2nd gen, only mine flashes but doesn't stay on. It all of a sudden cut out when switching between them the other night, so now when I put the main beams on all the lights turn off.
    Nit very helpful I know but I'll try sorting mine out soon and if I find anything I'll report back if it's any use to you
    Good luck

Comment

Turns out the problem is in the switch inside the stalk on the steering column. It's quite a complicated set up, just to turn the headlamps on and off! Seems like there are at least three switching circuits just to make the headlamps flash. I swapped in a spare stalk and everything worked ok. Now I need to figure out how to get the steering wheel off to change the blasted thing!!

Comment

Working...
      X