The Surf's gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Surf's gauges

Here's a question for ya, as most of us know the gauges on the surfs tend to bend the truth a little, i currently only have the fuel and temp gauge working to a trustworthy level.

I was thinking of fitting new gauges, as in completely remove the toyota instrument cluster and fitting gauges from a different brand, now i know the speedo signal is digital and it all sounds griefy trying to splice into old sensors etc

does it sound crazy to just do away with the toyota signals and just lay new ones i.e. rev gauge wired to read the HT leads or an inductive sensor setup on a shaft somewhere to transmit a speed signal?

your input will be handy

thanks
    Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

if your engine is efi (or auto i think) the speedo is a tricky as it sends signals to the ECU.

Comment

Originally posted by tweak'e View Post
      if your engine is efi (or auto i think) the speedo is a tricky as it sends signals to the ECU.
      hmm ok well i have the lexus v8 in it, if the speedo does send signals it been sending wrong ones for a while now

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKzn130 View Post
        hmm ok well i have the lexus v8 in it, if the speedo does send signals it been sending wrong ones for a while now
        well that makes it a bit easier.
        just a matter of getting gauges to fit.

Comment

Try Here

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
            thanks andy, i was looking at the more classic look as found here http://www.speedhut.com/

cheers

Comment

Alex, you could try buying Chinese gauges. I've bought a few from here and they have been great, and comparatively very cheap. The site is: Banggood.com

Just type 'auto gauge' into the search engine on the site and have a look through the goods.

Comment

Originally posted by yorta2 View Post
                Alex, you could try buying Chinese gauges. I've bought a few from here and they have been great, and comparatively very cheap. The site is: Banggood.com

Just type 'auto gauge' into the search engine on the site and have a look through the goods.
                Thanks yorta some of them look good looks like they have an EU based warehouse as well China

Comment

Working...
                X