Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power to any windows except driver's

3rd gen 3.0 diesel surf.

I had an intermittent fault that eventually left me with the passenger window stuck down in the middle of Croydon on a cold night. The driver's window switch panel showed lots of signs of corrosion, so I bought another from eBay which appeared to solve the problem.

It turns out that the problem wasn't cured by the replacement switch panel, as now I have no movement whatsoever on the front passenger window, rear passenger windows or the tailgate window. In other words, only the driver's window moves. The switches by the relevant windows don't work either, so unless there's a problem with the window lock button on the driver's panel, I'm guessing the problems lies somewhere other than the drivers switch panel.

I've done a bit of searching, but nothing makes much sense to me. There are references to relays and 30A fuses, but I'm not sure quite what I'm looking for.

Any help would be much appreciated.

had a fault with passenger and rear windows, on reading up lot of comments on drivers door loom the issue, so un-clipped connectors on A-pillar and pulled loom through to door, there is just enough to open it up you will find wires broken due to opening and closing, check all the wires by pulling each one as some of them were intact on the outside but wire core breaking inside, soldering iron and a couple of feet of wire about 2 hours work, make sure you do not put the join where the wire bends, i cut about 2 to 3 inches back on both bits and put a new piece in.

Comment

Thanks a lot. Sounds complicated, but I'll look into it.

Comment

Working...
      X