winch wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winch wiring

I'm thinking about taking the winch off the front of my surf. I can manage to unbolt it but how do I disconnect the wiring?

Generally, its just a fat wire front the battery to an isolator, and a ground wire.

and what are you doing with the winch after..............?
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

So I just unbolt these two wires - sounds simple enough! Haven't decided what to do with winch yet but a neighbour thought he might have it for his Landy.

Comment

Originally posted by jax
        So I just unbolt these two wires - sounds simple enough! Haven't decided what to do with winch yet but a neighbour thought he might have it for his Landy.
        Yup, normally.

Landy doesn't need a winch, they are the best 4x4xfar according to the PR.

Better send it down south to me!

Comment

Well you never know! I'll see if I can get it off first.

Comment

Oi Tony, you don't need three winches! It should go on my nice new winch mount that you'll be fitting to my nudge bars!

( after I've fixed up your teabag tailgate )
            I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Jax, if you do remove it, give us a bell might be interested in it, after all it's a lot closer to Perth from Costa del Clyde than Deepest Hampshire if ever you want to rescue any sheep.
              [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Okay dokay, as for the sheep - they're on their own!

Comment

Originally posted by Sewerat

Jax, if you do remove it, give us a bell might be interested in it, after all it's a lot closer to Perth from Costa del Clyde than Deepest Hampshire if ever you want to rescue any sheep.
                  Hey! I called dibs first! get back down a hole!

Comment

my sister will colect it from you and take it to aberdeen... next time she comes here or the folks go there they'll collect it and bring it to me!
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
                      Oi Tony, you don't need three winches! It should go on my nice new winch mount that you'll be fitting to my nudge bars!

( after I've fixed up your teabag tailgate )
                      We've got 4 trucks between us!, still one short.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        why not try pillows, they're much more comfortable...
                        and you can get them surgically enhanced or use a vacuum pump these days!
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                          why not try pillows, they're much more comfortable...
                          and you can get them surgically enhanced or use a vacuum pump these days!
                          No wonder you're stuck with a "NP" - there's definately something not quite right with you...
                          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                            Right we'll play drinking games on Saturday to see who wins!!! And how much do you want that lovely spangley tailgate? Anyway you've only got 2. That pickup aint ready yet, and the grey one overheats!

Jax, you know it makes sense to sell it to me, you can come down and meet the southern contingent on a jolly!

Oi bob, why do you want it, you'll only get bored and sell the surf in a couple of months anyway!!!!
                            I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Phew! Think I've started something here! Haven't had this much attention for a long time. Seriously though, neighbour still wants it for his Landy.

Comment

Working...
                              X