Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuous High Pitch Beep

Hi everyone,
    I'm a newbee to the Surf forum and have recently bought myself a one. Everything seems good with it so far but I have one small problem. If I put the key in the ignition and turn it as far as you can go without starting it, after a few seconds a continuous high pitch beep can be heard. It's similar to the one that lets you know when you've left your lights on but continuous. The only way to stop it is either to start the car or remove the key and wait for about 30 seconds.

Has anyone got any idea what this might be and how I can stop it? The car's got a turbo timer so that might have something to do with it.

I'd also like to take the chance to say how helpful I found this site before buying the car and even more so now I've got it. Well done guys and girls, it's a real god send for any potential/new Surf owner.

Jon
    Last edited by jclapham; 23 September 2004, 00:18.

I think its just your imobiliser letting you know that your keys are still in the ignition, i take it that sound stops once you start the engine
    WD40 "He who Thinks Australian"

Comment

It's a warning that you have left the ignition on, mine does it and so do many others unless it's been removed, I use it as a ready to start noise as heater plugs work longer than the light. Strange that it continus though mine stops as soon as I start or turn ign off.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazza
        It's a warning that you have left the ignition on, mine does it and so do many others unless it's been removed, I use it as a ready to start noise as heater plugs work longer than the light. Strange that it continus though mine stops as soon as I start or turn ign off.
        I think it should be present on all EFI engines. It's a warning that you have left your ignition on but not started the engine. 10 seconds after that sound starts, the fuel pump shuts off as well so you need to turn off the ignition and then start the car.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for the replies. So it's just a warning to let me know that I've left the ignition on. At least I know it's not something bad. Yes, the warning does stop as soon as you start the engine Alan. I think the reason it doesn't stop as soon as you remove the key it due to the turbo timer.

Is there any way to disable this warning sound then? It's quite annoying when you’re showing off your new car to all your friends and it starts beeping at you

Jon

Comment

Mine starts beeping if you put the key in the ignition with the drivers door still open. Shutting the door stops the beeping, as well as starting the engine. Also get a beep from the immobiliser for about 10 secs until you start the engine. Could be either of those.
            Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
              Mine starts beeping if you put the key in the ignition with the drivers door still open. Shutting the door stops the beeping, as well as starting the engine. Also get a beep from the immobiliser for about 10 secs until you start the engine. Could be either of those.
              Mine the same

Ali

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
                Me 2
                Get Them B 4 They Get U

Comment

Shutting the door doesn't seem to stop it for me

The dash is in bits at the moment because I've been converting the speedo to miles per hour I'll put it back together tomorrow and see if switching the turbo timer off makes any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by UKWolf
                    Mine the same

Ali

Mine too!
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil View Post
                      Mine too!
                      Mine too until I snipped the green/white wire in the ignition multi-plug.

Hello Phil, you coming back?

Comment

Working...
                      X