Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gear selector light

Hi all,

should the gear selection bit (to tell you if you are in drive, reverse etc) light up when the lights are on.?

cheers

Yes it should; the bulb went in mine ages ago, but not got around to replacing it
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Cheers must go an figure out how to get to it now

Comment

If it's an easy job could you let me know lol

Comment

Jas, I did a write up on here a few years ago 2008/9 I think. It's an easy enough job a bit fiddly but time consuming for what its worth !! (hence mine still hasn't been replaced since 2009/10
          Good Luck with it...

14+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! so I got another ....
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

My original post has gone, but there are others ..... Try here
            http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sit...A4Gd7gaIk4XQBw

or search for .. Gearbox Illumination bulb replacement

14+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! so I got another ..
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

nice one think i will give it a go over the next couple of days.

Comment

Sorted...

six screws, 50p bulb and 5 mins..can see the gear selection now

Comment

Easy as that? May have a go tomorrow 🔨🔩🔧📌🔫🔪

Comment

yep, no problems

Comment

Try a thump in the general area first. worked for me. No screws, no bulbs and a mere millisecond or two to complete.
                      Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                        Try a thump in the general area first. worked for me. No screws, no bulbs and a mere millisecond or two to complete.
                        Believe me, this is first tactic I use for all repairs 🔨

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
                          Believe me, this is first tactic I use for all repairs 🔨
                          Сви можемо

Comment

to save the hunting I found this..... (all acknowledgements to original poster)

Sammy 2nd February 2004, 06:17
                            Hi, I've just goy my second generation surf and the bulb was gone on the automatic selector.
                            First I had to unscrew the 4 screws holding the front part of the console(around the selector and Hi/Lo stick) Then I had to unscrew the two screws holding the rear part on over the rear air control unit. This enabled it to lift a couple of inch's so I could remove the front part. Try unplugging ECT switch then just lift over automatic shifter.

I then went on to undo all the bolts to the shifter, but found after its not neccesary. about 2/3 from the back underneath, theres a little plastic holder with two wires running from it. Unscrew anti clockwise and Hey Presto, its out. Pretty simple really. Bulb is from hafords £1.69, Get the brightest that fits.

I know its a different model but it cant be that dis-similar, Can it???

Hope its of some help.

Comment

Working...
                            X