Illumination dim???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illumination dim???

Anybody could comfirm that the KZN185 doesn't have a dim switch for adjusting the illumination. Instead of it has a light sensor under the windshield.(At least that's what I've found so far...)

Originally posted by maxigaz View Post
    Anybody could comfirm that the KZN185 doesn't have a dim switch for adjusting the illumination. Instead of it has a light sensor under the windshield.(At least that's what I've found so far...)
    never came across that switch, light sensor? show us a pic please.
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...-lights-2.html

On the first two big picture you can see a turnable knob. That's for setting the intension of the illumination in the 4runner. Unfortunately when I did my conversion(KZN185 engine, tranny and wiring into a 4runner) I was in a hurry, so had to through out most of the right hand parts. Today I found a black little thing under the dash with two wires. I popped the top off and there was like a LED thing (maybe light sensor???). If I turned the cap to the light it is a bit transparent. However I did not see any changes in the light dim when I covered it or let it out to the daylight. Will make pics tomorrow.

Comment

I've found something:
        http://toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/viewt...b15ef11b6bddc2

In the background there is the bottom part. A yellow and pink wire goes there.

Comment

sounds to me more like an alarm led than a dimmer

Comment

I think if it's for alarm it would be just simply a red led light, but the almost black slightly transparent cap must be something different. I have lots of wiring files for 4runners and partial for KZN-185 which was good for engine swap, but would be great to have an accurate one for all the other system.I have searched the net for the last 5-6 years with no luck so far.

Comment

Let me get this straight.......... you've spent 5 or 6 yrs trying to find out if the dash lights are dimmable by means of knob or a sensor. OMFG

Spending 10 minutes trying to find out if they are even dimmalble (me new word) is a waste of 10 minutes.................5 or 6 yrs?

Comment

I think there is a misunderstanding here. I did a KZTE engine swap about 4 years ago. It was an engine with the ECU and some cut wires... This second swap was a different story. I am not going to details but this dim thing just came up recently.

Comment

Are you *sure* that it is not an alarm LED? Mine is blue, but the casing is black and you can only see the LED when it is on.

Connect 12V to the wires (both ways round) and see if it lights up :-)

Comment

i just seen this on a kzn 130!!!

and got of it a switch for electric heated seats, factory loom for mine
                    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Strange... Even more strange the "headlight angle" adjusting... I have the same kind of turning switch on a 2000 yaris but never seen in 4runner/surf...

Comment

Working...
                      X