Fog Light BUTTON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog Light BUTTON

Hi guys Im fitting spotlights /Fog lights (which isn't the issue), however, I would like to use a particular button as it is a genuine Toyota surf part. I cant seem to find a wiring loom online that will fit and before I start to rip open my dash to find connectors I thought I would ask you guys:

Is there likely to be some unused wiring loom behind my dash for fogs ?

OTHER INFO:

The button I have is a 5 prong (click fit type) button. (will try to upload some pics)

My surf is a gen 3

Has no pre-existing spots / fogs fitted.

Many thanks in advance,

Josh

Hi, so long as you know the pin out for the switch connections it shouldn't be a problem.

Originally posted by JHiggy View Post
    Hi guys Im fitting spotlights /Fog lights (which isn't the issue), however, I would like to use a particular button as it is a genuine Toyota surf part. I cant seem to find a wiring loom online that will fit and before I start to rip open my dash to find connectors I thought I would ask you guys:

Is there likely to be some unused wiring loom behind my dash for fogs ?

Not been behind the dash in a 3rd Gen, but the most likely answer will be no

OTHER INFO:

The button I have is a 5 prong (click fit type) button. (will try to upload some pics)

My surf is a gen 3

Has no pre-existing spots / fogs fitted.

Many thanks in advance,

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
      Hi, so long as you know the pin out for the switch connections it shouldn't be a problem.
      Hi, thanks for the quick response! I have attached a picture of the switch, I know it has 5 pins but have no idea at all how I would use a third party wiring loom to encorporated this.

Cheers
      Attached Files

Comment

What was its original function? And need photo of front and clearer one of pins if poss

Comment

Hi Growler, sorry for the late reply. The original function was for fog lights (see attatched pic). I have also attatched a couple more pics. I have found the prongs that complete a circuit today and I'm thinking about just connecting some spade connectors to it? Your thoughts....

Cheers
          Attached Files

Comment

Further image:
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JHiggy View Post
              Hi Growler, sorry for the late reply. The original function was for fog lights (see attatched pic). I have also attatched a couple more pics. I have found the prongs that complete a circuit today and I'm thinking about just connecting some spade connectors to it? Your thoughts....

Cheers
              So long as you have identified the two pins that are controlled by the action of the switch so it makes/breaks the live feed that should work fine.

One or possibly two of the other pins would be for the internal illumination of the switch so it can be found in the dark, which give fifth pin as an option for a ground connection for the illumination circuit.

Just be sure to test all is working ok and feed the lamps via a relay that the switch controls.

Comment

Working...
              X