RT vs Milners alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT vs Milners alternator

Has anyone any clue at all why RT alternators for KZN130 are so much more expensive than Milners? Same amperage but a third more in price. I've mostly used Roughtrax in the past and I'd rather stick with them but the price difference is huge!

No idea

Pays to shop around

Comment

No idea but my dad recently put milners alternator in his surf and has had no issues with it.

Comment

if i had to change the alternator, i would choose bigger amperage alt.
        from either of them sellers, whos got best price?
        the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Milners has the best price by far - without looking them both up now its roughly £100 vs £160 with both alternators kicking out 75 or so amps. Same specs and look the same...

Comment

70 amps - just wondered if Milners ones were a bit duff cos of the massive price difference. I shall leave it a week and if nobody has anything negative to say then Milners it is. I just normaly use Roughtrax because of the friendly family run business setup - but money talks!

Comment

Alternatively take it to an Auto electrician n get him to refurb it at a fraction of the price !!

13+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Ah, but diesel weasel, the original kicks out something like 45amps and the New ones 70 so this seems like a perfect time for an upgrade. Useful for a winch and looking after those all important batteries. Seems like I'll just do the sensible thing and go for milners.
                Last edited by Mr Malleenos; 25 April 2015, 07:34.

Comment

Mind your discount!

Comment

Working...
                  X