Drop down Mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop down Mirror

I have a new to me Gen 3 and the high level break light has been covered by fitting a wing from a later Surf. This contains a high level light and a drop down mirror. Has anyone worked on the electics or has a wiring diagram. I will run a cable to the rear lights but was wondering on the mirror wiring, whether it uses a relay to lower and lift it.

rear spoiler

I did work out the wiring a while back, although I have not tested this so any connections are made at your own risk. However, if you can make sense of this then you should find the drop down mirror will work as will the brake light.
    The spoiler will have a plastic terminal block hidden on the underside of the nearside spoiler mount (Unbolt spoiler from car). Looking at the end of the connector with the lever on the left starting with the bottom left pin working up in columns, terminal 1 white/black, 2 blue/yellow, 3 blue, (now right side bottom upwards) 4 green/white, 5 blue/black, 6 white/black.

Under the headlining on the nearside are two connectors. One will probably be unused - this will be the one for the spoiler. It is White in colour not grey.
    With the pins on the bottom edge of this connector (lever top) there are two rows of five pins. I have labelled the top row A and the bottom row B.
    Both numbered 1 to 5 from left to right when looking at the pins.

As I worked it out;
    A1 (blue/yellow) to spoiler 2
    A3 to spoiler 3
    B1 (blue/black) to spoiler 5

Now the grey connector. Looking at this connector with the pins uppermost (lever at bottom) in the same manner I listed these as top row C, bottom row D both 1 to 5.

D3 to spoiler 1 and spoiler 6
    D4 (green/white) to spoiler 4
    (I don't know why I only listed a few wire colours here??)

The wiring and connector for the switch is already next to the handbrake. It's got a few wires as its illuminated and it has up and down settings. I have not studied these yet but should be fairly simple.

Good luck!
    Last edited by ajstars; 20 January 2015, 00:04. Reason: added info

Comment

mirror spoiler

Ok, I have just fitted my spoiler. If you look at the connector on the underside of the spoiler all you need to do is match up the wire colours to the loom that goes to the two uppermost connectors on the metal panel behind the rear door trim. That loom in turn enters the vehicle under the near side headlining where the white and grey connectors are. The only two extra wires required for the mirror are the two on the right side of the grey connector. Blue with yellow trace and green with white trace I think they were.
      I also tapped into the brake light so that both centre brake lights could potentially work, although I have removed the bulb for the hidden one. I don't like things not to be wired up!
      The connector to be used by the handbrake is the black one, not the white one - that's the hard/soft suspension wiring connector.
      Last edited by ajstars; 12 March 2015, 23:47. Reason: add info

Comment

Working...
      X