yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPTIMA Batteries, are they still the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPTIMA Batteries, are they still the best?

After sitting a while over summer, my batteries are not holing a charge as well as i would like.

I know that a few years ago Optima batteries were the bees knees, but are they still?

For the 3ltr, does anyone know what Optima batteries to order? (i know they have to be matched) Part number?
    Red or Yellow top?

Thanks

James

Or what else are you using?

Comment

I use the same pair of varta batteries that Mick fitted to his truck here .

They are a year old now and still working like new.

Comment

Originally posted by Trunks View Post
        After sitting a while over summer, my batteries are not holing a charge as well as i would like.

I know that a few years ago Optima batteries were the bees knees, but are they still?

For the 3ltr, does anyone know what Optima batteries to order? (i know they have to be matched) Part number?
        Red or Yellow top?

Thanks

James
        Red for starting...yellow or blue for leisure. Not cheap, but i rate them because of what mine are used for...also ###### heavy!!
        .... Which was nice.

Comment

I use the varta ones on mine as well

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
            Red for starting...yellow or blue for leisure. Not cheap, but i rate them because of what mine are used for...also ###### heavy!!
            Thanks, so do you recommend getting one red & one yellow? Mine is twin battery. Also what size did you get?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
              I use the same pair of varta batteries that Mick fitted to his truck here .

They are a year old now and still working like new.
              Apart from the CCA being 1000 on the Optima, the Varta seem to have better stats all round - i have just ordered a pair

Thanks for the help peeps

Comment

Originally posted by Trunks View Post
                Thanks, so do you recommend getting one red & one yellow? Mine is twin battery. Also what size did you get?

Cheers
                If its a twin set up wired in parallel as standard then two reds. But I think it would be over kill. If your going to separate them via a split charge relay and use one for leisure then as i said before. To be honest, the others have given good advice and if you just use your truck for running about then save your cash and buy what they say. If you still fancy optima batts let me know and I will check the types I have. The yellows can be run down for leisure use and charged up without as much damage as normal batts.
                Last edited by Overland Tonka; 6 November 2014, 22:21.
                .... Which was nice.

Comment

Working...
                X