Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd GEN DASH/ STEREO REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS

k
    Last edited by dabigman; 14 October 2003, 19:45.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Don't know if it's just me but, the pics on the site didn't open...

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
      Didn't work for me. Did you upload the thumbnail pictures onto the site or just the main pictures

Cheers

Comment

or me

Comment

I am STILL no closer to getting the stereo pout of my 3rd Gen.
          Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Facia Removal

First Remove The Two Heater Control Knobs Then The Heater Control Panel Behind Them(this Should Just Pull Off).once Done You Will See Two 10mm Bolts 1 On Either Side Just Undo These And The Whole Facia Can Then Be Removed With A Yank !!!
            Have Fun
            MINES A LARGE ONE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar View Post
              What site??? there's just a "K", he's looseing the plot
              thats what i like about Matt, he nips in, does one, and nips out leaveing everyone wondering WTF was that???
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by JONNY TOYOTA View Post
                The Whole Facia Can Then Be Removed With A Yank !!!
                I generally do it by myself, but I guess a spare pair of hands can't hurt.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Try this site, but be aware, it is for a left-hand-drive vehicle, so everything has to reverse-sided:
                  http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs...PDF/869017.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                    thats what i like about Matt, he nips in, does one, and nips out leaveing everyone wondering WTF was that???

Comment

Originally posted by yorta2 View Post
                      Try this site, but be aware, it is for a left-hand-drive vehicle, so everything has to reverse-sided:
                      http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs...PDF/869017.pdf
                      God - talk about making a meal of it - and that's for the 2nd gen, not the third, but I've managed to get this down to a fine art - I can have a stereo changed (in a right hand drive 2nd gen) and all done in approx 40 mins, not the way they have by taking ALL of the dash to bits, just the passenger side, glovebox and centre bit - piece of cake - now, just need to learn how to do it on a third gen...
                      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Update:

Just replaced the stereo in Nina's 3rd gen - as per instructions, but a little more info....

Remove the heater control knobs (put in safe place)
                        Remove heater control fascia
                        Undo (as you are looking at it) lower left and upper right screws
                        Then remove the trim panel that covers the handbrake and houses the rear mirror/suspension switches - you will need to open the arm rest to do this.
                        Pull up the one by the gear/transfer levers and turn 90 degrees
                        Then you can pull the main dash fascia out of the way - as you do this, disconnect the cig socket, the light on the ash tray, clock and one of the controls (I think it's the rear window one) not the other - it's just easier to remember what goes where if you only disconnect those bits.

Then, you can use the red button - you'll need to apply the handbrake of course, but move the gear lever back enough so you can get the radio out.

Undo the four screws the hold the brackets into the car, remove radio.

I had a simple job of disconnecting one, and reconnecting the other, but you may find depending on what you are putting in that you need a wiring kit - Halfrauds are good for these.

To replace the trim, just repeat the above steps in reverse.

If you need a manual for the stereo like I did, I found this useful site...

http://www.manualsmania.com/
                        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Working...
                        X