yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric windows (except drivers) suddenly stopped working. Central Locking: still OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric windows (except drivers) suddenly stopped working. Central Locking: still OK

After a tactical Polish hand-wash team had descended on my Surf ( back from stalking, more muck in/outside than in the fields) all my electric windows, barring the drivers window, all stopped working. Central locking still worked fine.

Knowing all about such things from searching the forum , I confidently prodded the window lock button. No change.

Searched and located the pink 30 amp slow-burn unit behind drivers footwell kick plate (above a couple relays and to the left of the fuse panel) - stripped it out and apart from a coating of verdegris, continuity checked out as working......Bugger!

Now at the stage of waggling wires where loom entered drivers door.... no change.

Prodded the window lock switch a good few times, with increasing enthusiasm. Suddenly, all is working again.

Diagnosis - sticky window lock switch
    ........... err probably from that time I poured a Mc-coffee over myself, the switch and majority of the interior.

Note to self: check liquid levels of any cups in drink holder unit - BEFORE vigorous off-road maneuvers!!

Posted with appropriate title, so that others may not suffer as I have!

Rgds

Ian

cup holers

Likewise, when replacing cup holder first ensure it has the base section attached. Resulting cola residue over radio and gear lever gaiters proves tricky to remove!

Comment

Working...
    X