Tailgate wiring diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgate wiring diagram

Does anyone have a wiring diagram with wire colours on it for a '95 Surf tailgate.

I know there is a permanent live in there somewhere and I want to use it for a mod I'm trying out.

Originally posted by popuptoaster View Post
    Does anyone have a wiring diagram with wire colours on it for a '95 Surf tailgate.

I know there is a permanent live in there somewhere and I want to use it for a mod I'm trying out.
    Have a look at the bottom of the page.
    Back window wiring diagram- then the link by silver surfer.

If no good I have a fsm I may be able to email across.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Cheers, From those I think power wire might be white and red, which is the same colour as the permanent live on the back of my ignition switch so it sounds likely.

Just got to find it!

Comment

What sort of current are you planning on?
        It may be just as easy to run a dedicated power from the battery to the boot?
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

On the down side, there is no permanent live in the tailgate, all the wires from the lock, microswitches, motor etc run back into the loom and to the front of the surf where its all powered from.

on the UP side, i now know how to get the glass, motor assembly and all the wiring out of and back into a Surf tailgate.

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
          What sort of current are you planning on?
          It may be just as easy to run a dedicated power from the battery to the boot?
          10 ampish, enough to run the rear window motor anyway, I want to connect a one touch relay to the rear window motor so it will go all the way down with one quick press and the provide that "quick press" with the boot release on my remote locking.

I wanted to put the relay near the motor as they have a current sensor so they stop if the window hits an obstruction. The surf rear window is already bigger and heavier than a door window and i didn't want the extra wiring distance to trip the safety on the relay.

the relay obviously need to have a permanent live so that the window will go down as I'm walking back to the car with me shopping or whatever, not much point having it if i have to put the ignition on.

I'll try wiring it in from the front and see if it works the window Ok, i know the boot release can trip the relay, tried that bit already, just need to hook the realy into the wiring that drives the window motor down.

Comment

Working...
          X