pre heating timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre heating timer

is the pre heating timer on my 2.4 1990 surf built in to the emmision control unit ,in the passenger footwell on my truck? someone on an ausy site said that it was , but need to be sure.
    if it isnt where is the pre heating timer for the glow plugs on your surf?

thanks andy.

Somebody mention on an earlier post that it is in the engine bay next to the aircleaner, against the side.
    [COLOR=darkslateblue]Paul - NZ[/COLOR]

Comment

ermmm, isn't this the thread you started before????

Rich.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/Forums/sh...ighlight=timer
      Last edited by Koi; 13 December 2007, 10:46.
      If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

yes nearly but nobody came back with the correct answer.

the unit on that side of the wing is the glow plug relay......not the timer.

unless my vehicle is that different.

having done a bit more research i needed confirmation about the 2lt control box?

if anyone can shed anylight on this one it would be really cool.

as i am a bit lost. thanks guys.

Comment

Yes, looking at the drawing I would have thought (logically) that it would be under the dash somewhere.

Toyota are normally pretty good at labelling the little black boxes but you can guarantee they didn't do this one.

On my '94 3.0 there are numerous bits in the drivers side footwell.

I have attached the drawing that I have, I don't know if this is the same as your Haynes manual.

Sorry don't know for sure of the location.

Rich.
          If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Mines a 92 2.4, LTE, so may be different, but a mechanic told me that the timing of the glow plugs is controlled by the ecu, via a temperature sensor. A faulty sensor could knock off the plugs too soon.
            Pete

Comment

Originally posted by rich
              Yes, looking at the drawing I would have thought (logically) that it would be under the dash somewhere.

Toyota are normally pretty good at labelling the little black boxes but you can guarantee they didn't do this one.

On my '94 3.0 there are numerous bits in the drivers side footwell.

I have attached the drawing that I have, I don't know if this is the same as your Haynes manual.

Sorry don't know for sure of the location.

Rich.
              Don't know about the 2.4 but for the 3.0, the timing is done by the ECU and relies on the water temp sensor. Well, at least that's what the Toyota 1KZ-TE repair manual says

Comment

Working...
              X