starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting

hi guys me again my surf is giving me grief on starting I put the key in make sure its in park touch the brake pedal turn the key all the lights come on but doesn't start. no noise nothing give it 2 or 3 goes and will eventually start. It has an immobiliser fitted the type which u touch with a fob but I believe this to be bypassed because I have never had to use it and don't have the fob.and was ok for the first week or so but now playing up any help thx colin

You need to get a starter motor refurb kit. Pretty common problem the contacts wear out Roughtrax do them.
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

thx

thx will check it out colin
      hi jus checked it out if u mean the one for £54 inc vat it says it usually clicks and that has been my experience when its the starter motor this makes no noise ? so im not sure this is the way to go any other ideas thx colin
      Last edited by flashinapan; 19 March 2014, 11:36. Reason: added something

Comment

If you can reach it you could try to jump the starter motor straight from a battery to see if it works or not.
        If not then it's probably the starter contacts burnt out, I got some off ebay for under £20 that did the job, much cheaper than roughtrax as you don't usually need all the other bits in their kit just the copper contacts.
        If the immobilizer has been "disconnected" someone might have just cut it out and twisted the wires back together again and they've come apart.
        Check under the dash for any bodges.

Comment

hi guys resided to the fact it is the starter motor have sent off for kit just need someone to fit it now lol thx again Colin

Comment

*bump*

hows this looking mate?
            4yrs and 2 surfs later...

Comment

all good

yep all done was just the starter got a kit off ebay replaced the parts and all is ok thx for asking Colin

Comment

Working...
              X