Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kzn185 gen 3 4wd ECU ??

Hi guys

Anyone able to point me in the right direction to replace a 4wd ECU for a gen 3 surf?
    Believe it's located just behind centre dash area?

Need to find where I can purchase a replacement

Cheers
    Paul

there are a couple of breakers on ebay doing 3rd gens at the moment, are you sure its the ecu?
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

At moment no not sure
      But trying to get ahead so to speak & if its that I like to know where to get them

Also wondered if could get new as aftermarket part rather than a breakers ?

Paul

Comment

Not seen any after market ones, I know you can get them refubed what's the truck not doing?
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Basically
          The 4wd. Not working , had the motor & shaft / gears on the box that moves in out etc all stripped n cleaned & working ... Getting a electrical signal to there & it's moving but still 4wd symbol on dash just flashing continual

You put a 12 v and vacuum pump on front hoses / hubs it throws locks in ok so that's ok

Signal from cab to gearbox there , front end works but not from cab was wondering if it's the ECU or the front solenoids

Paul

Comment

Ok
            Basically now had enough !

My skills go as far as oil n filters & brake pads...

I can't find ANYONE local to look at it.... One garage said he would have a go but treated it like a hobby and was looking at it in between jobs but wanted to charge full whack ...

Had enough ..... This car runs like a dream, everything works apart from 4wd
            I need it for my shooting etc I do go offroad so if it ain't working it's no use to me

Can anyone recommend a garage or someone who knows what they are doing with the 4wd system
            I'm willing to travel as I love the vehicle and o want this fixed !!!!

Please !
            Paul

Comment

This help?.........
              http://www.yotatech.com/f2/4wd-wont-...er-ltd-131201/

The 4WD ECU is behind the passenger side kick panel.

Comment

Thanks
                Bushwhacker

Not sure if ECU now or not ..... Really need someone who knows these cars & 4wd to look at this & trouble shoot it down

Paul

Comment

Sure you've probably sorted this by now, but I think you'll find the ECU on the 3rd gen is behind the glove box on a rail.

Comment

Not sorted yet

Now discovered that although I push in 4wd button & hear click from 4wd computer but 12v signal is zero at the brown & blue connectors in left hand side of wing .
                    We checked continuity of wires thru bulkhead and good
                    So signal from 4wd lever to 4wd box ' a click but no signal from there to the vacuum solenids on wing

Any body know how I tell if my 4wd computer is ok ? Or if it's ok and it maybe a sensor stopping signal going to vacuum soelnoids

Part number of 4wd box is 89533-35080

Paul

Comment

What happens if you go into 4wd with centre diff lock by using the 4wd gear stick ? Do you get the same result,
                      Сви можемо

Comment

You could try contacting this guy to see if he has the 4wd ECU left to sell; greasemonkey 13 uk @ yahoo.co.uk

I'm sure he'll do a great price for you and even if it's not the problem you'll have eliminated a potential cause.

Comment

Are you asking if I move the 4wd lever as well as just pressing the button do I get same thing? Yes

If I push 4wd button and nothing else.....get a click from Ecu. (Left side passenger footwell ). & the 4wd lights on dash pause momentarily then fire up flashing again .

Same if I move the lever from any position to another

I'll email grease monkey see if he has any ?

Cheers

Paul

Comment

I'll step out of the tech bit on the thread as I don't think I'm of any use, but yes, it's worth emailing greasmonkey to see if he still has the part, it's good for a spare if nothing else and he's a fair and decent guy.
                            Good luck getting your motor sorted.

Comment

Thank you
                              Ive contacted him, hopefully he can help ... Even if it's a spare as you say

Just wa t this fixed as in every other way surf is fantastic & runs really well but....
                              I need 4wd & it's not use to me otherwise... Just cannot believe how hard has been to get folk / garages to look & I oh know basics but I've heard some crap from garages it's unreal

Fingers crossed on right direction now

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X