Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interior light problems

the interior light in the rear of the surf only comes on when it wants to
    that is the light for the tailgate when its open some times its comes on /mostley not .
    I've got a 3 GEN with a lift up door I cant fined a door push button that activates the light when open,
    I have had the interior panels off and there is 2 wires that go from the light in to the loom and back to the front of the surf !!!
    what activates the light when door open / cant fined any loos wires but when
    I put an additional earth wire to the one side of the bulb holder it comes on
    but permanent .
    May all 4 wheels keep on turning

I've just had this on my one.
    I found the rivets on the metal strips that take the current from the plug to the bulb holder were loose.
    I tried to solder them but it's made of some weird metal this would not take solder!
    In the end I peened the rivet over with a small screw driver and hammer.
    Not pretty but it works.
    Hope that helps.

Comment

Not 100% sure, But i think i read some where that the switch is built into the tailgate latch.

Comment

I thought it might be to do with the tailgate latch
        so I took the latch off and sanded it and the body
        of the tailgate to make a good earth but that didn't work.
        May all 4 wheels keep on turning

Comment

Same problem - I solved it by giving the latch a liberal spray of WD40 from the inside of the tailgate. Worked the latch a few times and it all started working again. The switch is actually located inside the latch so it's not really user serviceable although I didn't start dissembling it. Last fix lasted 3 years - need to do it again now!

Comment

maybe i didnt fix it

So, my lights playing up again. I have tried the following:
            New loom
            New tailgate latch
            New bulb

There is fluctuating voltage at the light fitting.
            I'm going to take a look at that earth again but from what I can see the earth is a pretty solid connection to the bulb.

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
            X