yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear window, rear wipe relays replaced. What's the noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window, rear wipe relays replaced. What's the noise?

Hi guys,

Had a problem with my tailgate key not operating the rear window, so got the box containing the pcb with the four relays with deal with the window, rear wipe etc out from behind the panelling next to the cubby box on the n/s. Before unplugging it I noticed a rapid clicking/chattering noise coming from the box. Hmmm..relays knackered? Well two of them had cracks on inspection.

Carried out the recommended mod and replaced the four relays with 10a ones from maplin. Everything works good now, but I still have that clicking/chattering noise.

My question.... Is this normal and has anyone noticed this before. It's not loud so could be missed and only noticeable when the box is out in the open. I have been trying to trace a reason for a drain on my batteries and thought this could be it, but the noise is still there with the repaired relays.
    .... Which was nice.

Good news...... I found the reason for the clicking/ticking noise.

Bad news...... Its a bomb. Having watched the film The Hurt Locker it was a simple fix.?..
    .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
      Good news...... I found the reason for the clicking/ticking noise.

Bad news...... Its a bomb. Having watched the film The Hurt Locker it was a simple fix.?..
      Isn't educational TV great.

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
        Isn't educational TV great.
        Sure is... I'm going to watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang tomorrow, so if anyone has a problem there will be nothing I won't know about any car..
        .... Which was nice.

Comment

ok

what' s the red light on the dash ?

Comment

Originally posted by woodwarm View Post
            ok

Self destruct, I saw it on Star Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by woodwarm View Post
              ok

Red light..spells danger...I can't hold back.....much longer. So Billy Ocean told me when I posted the question on the Top gear of the pops forum.
              .... Which was nice.

Comment

Working...
              X