glow plug/buss bar drama. :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glow plug/buss bar drama. :(

Hi was wondering if anybody has used the roughtrax glow plug insulator kit? i replaced my glow plugs and thought i had sorted the buss bar problem but just put another 80 amp fuse in and its fecking blew, not wanting to spend out every day for new fuses i would rather use this kit if its any good? will it come with a dia of how to install properly?? i am no auto elec and hate messing with electrics on my truck i have seen that post with the image of how to install but its not really that clear, any help would be great, now just gotta order another fuse AGAIN

Originally posted by deadeye7916 View Post
    i have seen that post with the image of how to install but its not really that clear, any help would be great, now just gotta order another fuse AGAIN
    Have you seen the parts diagram at http://toyotamarket.ru/jp/671150/028/1/1901/1/?

Dan
    https://galooph.com

Comment

yes mate i have seen this one on here but not with all the parts properly named and this one is deffo a better image to follow, many thanks hopefully my fuse blowing days are numbered. however if anybody has used the roughtrax glow plug kit could they let me no how good/bad it is?? thanks

Comment

Simple. There are two insulators. One has a raised centre, the other a recessed centre. Raised centre on stud first so wiring and bar fits over it and then the recessed centre which captures terminals and bar between both, followed by the washer and nut.

Nev.

Comment

Glow plugs

Nev i take it you are referring to the kit from roughtrax? will it include any parts for where the bus bar connects to manifold/intake?

Comment

Just the two insulators I think going by the pic. They say they are genuine parts so should be good. Other than the stud which is in manifold all you need is a 6mm flanged nut (standard nut will do if you can't get one of these) and a 6mm washer.

Always disconnect negative terminal/s on battery or batteries when changing glow plugs, or in fact, doing anything electrical.

Nev.

Comment

Just the two insulators I think going by the pic. They say they are genuine parts so should be good. Other than the stud which is in manifold all you need is a 6mm flanged nut (standard nut will do if you can't get one of these) and a 6mm washer. Note: Check size as it's been a while since I did glow plugs and might be 8mm.

Always disconnect negative terminal/s on battery or batteries when changing glow plugs, or in fact, doing anything electrical.

Nev.

Comment

glow plugs

Many thanks for comments and advice

Comment

Working...
                X