Rear window - relay/ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window - relay/ecu

Hi, I know there are a number of threads re: the rear window, switch relay/ecu etc... I have pretty much read all of them.

I bought my latest surf 2 weeks ago now, having spent a lot of time and money on it already I am wanting assurance that it is the rear window relay/ecu at fault.

It was working fine, then after a couple of days (and with the dogs in the dog cage) it decided not to work. Previously that week I stripped and rebuild the window mechanism, checked all the switches were working correctly and rebuilt the motor gearbox, as well as treating all the window runners and seals. I only did this because the window was slow and found that doing the above remedied the problem in the past.

The first thing that I found to be an issue was that the window would only lower from the switch inside, not off the key. Even though it would raise with the key. After that it stopped working completely.

I have now stripped all the interior out of the truck, traced the wires as best I can, check the connections, and tested the switch. All working well, but no power to the motor.

The nest step was putting power to the motor directly from a battery, the window flew down, and up again. At least twice the speed it normally does. So that proved that the motor was fine.

Would anyone agree that the only other possibility would be the relay/ecu at fault now? I'm just wanting some reassurance before I buy a new one.
    Happy Surfing!

Window lock switch ?
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
      Window lock switch ?
      which one is that? where is it located?
      I will probably have tested it but not sure what is called what lol
      Happy Surfing!

Comment

It's the one on the drivers door that stops the electric windows working

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
          It's the one on the drivers door that stops the electric windows working
          cheers checked that, still no joy. I didn't realise that stopped the rear window from operating too. Noted for the future
          Happy Surfing!

Comment

Working...
          X