yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front heater blower blows on any setting BUT max.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front heater blower blows on any setting BUT max.

Hi all. I seem to be unique in that my problem appears to be the exact opposite of all the other posts I can find regarding blower issues. In my case, max is the only setting at which my blower doesn't blow. Every other setting works just fine. The problem began with a sort of intermittent 'ticking' sound, like a relay with a bad connection. As fate would have it, it never did this when I was actively looking for the source of the sound!!! And it would resolve itsself with a few rapid setting changes and back to max again. I knew it would pack in at some point though, and now it has. Can anyone please point me in the right direction to getting it going again?
    Investigate one fault, and ten new ones appear!!

Sounds like dirty contacts in the fan speed switch.

A replacement control unit is your easiest option. They're approx. £25 second hand.

Comment

Thanks Bushwacker. Is cleaning the switch contacts not a feasable option then? Or is it a sealed unit?

Comment

Originally posted by fourq2 View Post
        Thanks Bushwacker. Is cleaning the switch contacts not a feasable option then? Or is it a sealed unit?
        If you end up needing one....
        Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=andyverran;804800]If you end up needing one....

Thank you Andy. Just out of interest - are the lights in the icons working on yours? Most of mine are not, you see, and that would pretty much seal the deal for me

Comment

[QUOTE=fourq2;804828]
            Originally posted by andyverran View Post
            If you end up needing one....

Thank you Andy. Just out of interest - are the lights in the icons working on yours? Most of mine are not, you see, and that would pretty much seal the deal for me
            I'm afraid I don't have a clue, drove it home in the daylight and took it apart....

Comment

[QUOTE=andyverran;804829]
              Originally posted by fourq2 View Post

I'm afraid I don't have a clue, drove it home in the daylight and took it apart....
              I'm going to rip mine out and have a go at cleaning it first and see how that goes. Is there any way I can get in touch with you if my attempt fails? Cant seem to PM you for some reason. I'm better under the bonnet than at a keyboard

Comment

The switch will come apart.
                Whether you are supposed to or not is another question.
                I carefully opened all the switch gear up and cleaned up the burnt contacts.
                It was okay for a while after but did get a replacement in the end.
                When you get it apart give all the contacts a clean and new lube.
                While it is all apart change all the lamps and give the fascia a clean, this will help with lighting.
                All the buttons pop off and all the lens can be cleaned too.
                A couple of cotton buds and some alcohol does the trick.
                I used some unwanted aftershave (thanks mother in law) for cleaning the contacts and the lens.
                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

[QUOTE=fourq2;804834]
                  Originally posted by andyverran View Post

I'm going to rip mine out and have a go at cleaning it first and see how that goes. Is there any way I can get in touch with you if my attempt fails? Cant seem to PM you for some reason. I'm better under the bonnet than at a keyboard
                  Sure...andyverran@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                  X