Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting issues v2

Right...

Not long ago i posted with starting issues which got resolved by unplugging ang reconnecting the ECU. She ran like a dream for 6months.

Two weeks ago on my way to work she just cut out. Turned out a wire on the speed sensor sheared off. Fixed that and last week same thing. On my way home she just cut out and would not start.

Got the surf home and started to check everything. Found a blown capacitor on the ECU. Sent it off to the ECU doctor and got it repaired(£220 later. R installed and guess what. Still not starting.

I started looking deeper, checking all resistance and voltage on the ecu. I noticed i was not getting 9-14v on the ECU connector E6-13(SVR) when disconnected. I looked at both the ECD and SCV relay, and according to the manual there should be continuity between pins 1 and 2 which i was not getting, it said to replace, But the relay worked fine when power applied(like a relay should) i found a completely different system with the same relay and it is the same as the others, no continuity on 1 and 2, so i dont think it is the relays.

In the end i can only see an issue with the spill control valve not opening to let fuel through. Cracked open injectors and no fuel. Removed fuel temp sensor on pump and fuel runs through when primer is pressed.

Anybody ??? Help????
    Last edited by Cyberlux; 4 August 2013, 18:18.

Turned out to be the SCV.

Thanks out to Tony.

Comment

Working...
    X