towbar electrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• towbar electrics

just fitted towbar and electrics to my 1991 2.4 . you dont have to take all the rear interior trim out to do it . youcan do it a lot easier by simply taking out the rear light clusters and connecting up in there.

Originally posted by snowy
    just fitted towbar and electrics to my 1991 2.4 . you dont have to take all the rear interior trim out to do it . youcan do it a lot easier by simply taking out the rear light clusters and connecting up in there.
    Is that just for a standard single socket and not with and aux socket.
    BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Originally posted by snowy
      um... a bit like on all other cars?
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Grimreeper
        Is that just for a standard single socket and not with and aux socket.
        um... obviously!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

cheers

thanx not all people on here are experts so any info welcome i,ve also noticed in some threads people try to diss people for trying to help other people what a sad life they must lead
          I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
          (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

Originally posted by stimpy30
            thanx not all people on here are experts so any info welcome i,ve also noticed in some threads people try to diss people for trying to help other people what a sad life they must lead
            Its just posts that appear after the pubs close (or people have been slung out), other times everyone is nice.

Relax, we don't take things to seriously around here, apart from slug hunting!

NO BAN ON SLIME SPORTS!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

were would u get the towbar for a 1996 knz185 what make is the best and how much do they cost

Comment

hi

not same year but i got a witter complete kit for £90 pf.jones in manchester
                I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
                (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

I seem to remember when da Slug was in a less sarcastic mood

That he said the chassis for the 3rd gen is the same as the Land Cruiser Colorado so a tow bar for one of those would fit.

R.
                  If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by joen.i
                    were would u get the towbar for a 1996 knz185 what make is the best and how much do they cost
                    Hi
                    got my towbar for mk3 1996 from towbarsrus, simple to fit;
                    Product : Quantity : Price
                    TT882 Hi-lux Surf 4WD (import) (T2) : 1 : 148.00
                    Double Electrics Towball Promotion : 1 : 25.71

Discount : -52.11
                    Subtotal : 121.60
                    Shipping : 10.00
                    TOTAL : 131.60

http://www.towbarsrus.com/

Terry

Comment

3rd gen towbar

Originally posted by joen.i

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just bought a towbar for my 1997 Surf from Towequipe who often appear on e-bay. Web address www.towequipe.co.uk
                      My Surf has the door mounted spare wheel and the bar that I got was part number TT882. I also ordered a stainless steel bumper protector and twin electrics with relays etc.
                      Total cost including delivery was £110.
                      I had a problem in that the instructions refer to a captive nut on the chassis - all I had was a hole. I phoned Towequipe at 4.45pm on a Saturday afternoon and got through to their helpline immediately. The guy said that the bar was originally designed for the Landcruiser and that they had experienced a few niggles with the Surfs sometimes being different. He asked me to e-mail him a pic of the problem. On Monday he phoned with a solution and I received the modification today.
                      I found Towequipe staff to be very pleasant and helpful and would recommend them and their product.
                      If you decide to order, just check under your Surf and see if the holes in the chassis have captive nuts or not. The two nearest the back should be captives as they have the towing eye mounted on the nearside. The next one forward is a plain hole ( they provide a bolt on a "stalk" for this one). If the next one is also plain, tell Towequipe (ask to speak to Roland) and they will send you the same mod as they provided for me - a nut on a "stalk" and the coarse threaded bolt to go with it.
                      If you have any other questions then e-mail me.
                      Keith

Comment

Towing electrics

First post by newbie (delighted) Surf owner. Read elsewhere on here that Towsure towbars are the biz for Surfs. On their website, they ask all sorts of questions about the electrics on a Surf for towbar fitting: bulb out warnings, etc. Anyone fitted twin electrics to a 1994 3 ltr Surf? Did you need any special relays?? Thanks, guys. Forum very interesting and heklpful-keep up the good work!!

Comment

Originally posted by carrotcruncher
                          First post by newbie (delighted) Surf owner. Read elsewhere on here that Towsure towbars are the biz for Surfs. On their website, they ask all sorts of questions about the electrics on a Surf for towbar fitting: bulb out warnings, etc. Anyone fitted twin electrics to a 1994 3 ltr Surf? Did you need any special relays?? Thanks, guys. Forum very interesting and heklpful-keep up the good work!!
                          Hi mate welcome to the nuthouse , where abouts in Suffolk are you??
                          If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Ipswich, or just outside.

Comment

Originally posted by carrotcruncher
                              Ipswich, or just outside.
                              Not to far from me, there seems to be getting a few more on this forum from this area now
                              If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Working...
                              X