Cobra 3190 alarm in 1996 surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobra 3190 alarm in 1996 surf

Hi can anyone help me please. I've had my surf for nearly a year now and I'm so chuffed to bits with it. I just have one problem. it has a cobra 3190 alarm fitted and I only received one key/fob with it. I got another key cut and bought a new fob but ....... I can't/don't know hoe to set the fob to work. I've been in touch with Cobra and they have been fantastic but I'm still struggling with it.
    I don't have a pin number for a start.
    I can't get a serial number as my mechanic has given me everything the alarm has written on it (which I've told cobra about). I've read somewhere about a touch key (no idea what this is so don't think I've got one) on the dash I have a small (about the size of a ten pence piece) led (red) with a tiny button under the led (which I assumed was something to do with the alarm) it does flash when using the fob. The fob is a bit like a teardrop shape with two grey buttons on and a led in the middle.
    PLEASE HAS ANYONE ANY IDEAS HOW TO MAKE THE NEW FOB WORK????

Could I take the inside out of usable fob and just swap it with the new fob ie: so original working code etc but in a new case???

Thanks very much for looking and an even bigger thank you if you can help.

Linda
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]jupiter55[/FONT]

Sit in the truck with all doors closed, switch on ignition and hold down both buttons on the new fob at the same time - the LED on the fob should flash really quickly, wait 10 to 12 seconds and the LED will stop flashing. Let go of the buttons then press the big one once. Give it a couple of seconds then try it as usual.

Comment

cobra 3190 alarm

Hi thanks for that info on trying to set up a new fob without pin/serial numbers etc.
      i followed your instructions full of excitement sure in the knowledge that it would now work but, alas, no it still won't do it. I've tried three or four times but nothing happened. I'm just at a loss as to what to try next. Would I be as well having a complete new alarm system fitted. Thanks again.

Linda
      [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]jupiter55[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
      X