Driver window 2 pin connector baffle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver window 2 pin connector baffle!

Ok I'm baffled - where the heck does this 2 pin connector go back onto?

I see it has a clip to hold into the door panel but I can't find its mate - the grey 2 pin connector in photos - if anybody is a genius please!

Plus, the main issue not solved yet, maybe intermittent connection but has me baffled too as to why window won't work, mechanism is moving smooth as tested off battery connected to motor cable, just a connection issue...

I've been fault finding on driver window, twilight zone... window motor works off battery direct and 2 pin that connects into motor cable connector has power from switch, when put the connection together it doesn't work, both sides of connector work on their own but not when connected together!!!
    Attached Files

Have you tested + ive and - ive at the motor plug at the same time? The polarity flips pins for up and down, not a + ive wire each for up and down. Maybe you know this but not clear in post, just checking....

The other plug looks like the Tweeter plug, but not all Surfs have them fitted in door panel.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks TonyN, I was getting + and _ at the motor plug on multimeter when operating switch but don't think it was getting up to 12v and wasn't constant... anyway, the following pics will explain actual problem and the fix

I took apart the switch box and the contacts for the driver window switch were manky! so cleaned them off with some ethanol (lock de-icer as had nothing else) on a small cloth, and the window works!
      Pity I didn't look at this first, as the other work was a bit laboursome - taking out motor and mechanism and and all the other troubleshooting, well at least the mechanism and spring got a coat of vaseline.

So if you're drivers window is not working on a 2nd gen maybe worth checking the switch box for this problem first as it would save alot of work if it's the fault... just be careful of the little springs, see pic, black one is in the door lock button and the there's five little electric contact springs - all easily lost when opening up... oh yeah another tiny spring in the driver switch in a little plastic pressure tip that sits in the v-shaped rest - it could fall out from the button
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X