Self locking Gen 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self locking Gen 2

My Hilux locks itself approx 20 seconds after start up, even if i don't touch anything, is this a Surf feature or part of my aftermarket remote start set up?

I only mention as i locked myself out last month but luckily had the spare key on me That and while hovering her out and i had the keys in pocket the damn thing started itself

Not a standard Surf feature. Looks like you remote has a few extras such as the auto locking and remote start.

Nev

Comment

The alarm on my old Surf had a similar function. It locked the doors when the engine started, and unlocked them when you turned it off. It also locked the doors if you failed to open the drivers door within 20 seconds of dis-arming the alarm (you learnt to never open the passenger seat put the keys down and close the door).
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Tokyo drift View Post
        My Hilux locks itself approx 20 seconds after start up, even if i don't touch anything, is this a Surf feature or part of my aftermarket remote start set up?
        It's a feature of the aftermarket alarm.

Try this to deactivate the auto lock function. Press and hold the 'LOCK' button on the remote for two seconds. You should hear one chirp from the alarm which means the auto lock is turned off. Doing this procedure again and hearing two chirps means the auto lock is turned on.

This procedure is for the Cyclone Auto Start alarm system, which sounds like the one you have. Give it a try.
        Last edited by GBV8; 30 October 2012, 01:57.

Comment

Thanks for the replys folks. Will try that de activation idea as it's far to easy to be working on the vehicle and lock your self out

Plus the remote start gizmo leaves the starter engaged after the truck has started for about 10 seconds, causing the starter to wind up

Think i may have this feature removed as i keep leaning on the buttons

Thanks agin for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X